Time For The Year-End Tally (How Much Did You Brew?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I still have two brews on deck (Sweet Stout & A 60 Schilling).

But I think we're close enough to start assessing our "damage" as far as brewing in 2007.

So how bout it, what's your final tally for 2007 looking like?

Here's mine:
Log_12-07.jpg

Here's to doubling our efforts next year. :D

By year end I should be up to 100 gallons. I'm hoping for more next year since this year I started in Febrewary...

Wow, and here I am with a record year coming in at I believe 25 gallons. Now, of course 20 of that was in the last 2 months. Here's looking to a bountiful 2008!
:mug:

I made it just past the 100 gallon mark........I think my friends ended up drinking about 98 gal of it. 22 batches and we just started brewing 10 gallon batches for the last 3 we did. Heres to 200 gallons in 08....

I was able to get 35 gallons in this year. I hope to do better next year.

Since March 1st I've done around 125 gallons or so.....and I ramped way up towards the end of this year. I'm totally going for 250-300 next year if I keep up the 10gallons every week and a half schedule

*Equipment I need:
Keg
Chiller
Chest freezer to keg by summer time in

I only brewed 45 gallons, but I started in August, so if I extend that out to 12 months, it's approx 108 gal/year. I hope to brew atleast that much in '08.

Including apfelwein, I'm currently at 102 gallons. I may sneak in another batch or two in before the end of the year.

While it's not in BierMuncher's league, that's not a bad total, especially when you consider I didn't brew my first batch of the year until the middle of May. I feel like I'm pulling my homebrewing weight!

I'm at 110 gallons of beer and 65 gallons of Apfelwein this year. I have 15 gallons of Apple Juice ready to go before the end of the year, plus I'll be brewing over the Christmas holiday, so the number will bump 10 to 20 gallons.

13 5-gallon batches = 65 gallons total.

Here they are:

2008-Brews.JPG

I went AG about 2 months after joining HBT. Coincidence? I think not. Next year I hope to brew at least 20 times.

I should end up with about 110 gallons or so with 20 of those coming up in the next 2 weeks. I am brewing a mild this weekend and with that 14.5 SS conical i should be getting this christmas i ma going to have to brew ney years weekend just to try it out.

edit: Muncher! who drank all of that? tell me you did!!! that is impressive!

50 gallons total : 10 X 5 gal. batch. Traveling for work slowed me down a little, but it also funded what I made. I want to double that in 08

drunkatuw said:
I only brewed 45 gallons, but I started in August, so if I extend that out to 12 months, it's approx 108 gal/year. I hope to brew atleast that much in '08.

I've brewed 2 five gal batches since I started last week, so that's 520 gallons in 2008. :eek:

:D

How much homebrew do people usually give away? I assume brewing over a gallon per day is rare (it takes me a week to go through a gallon of milk), I'd imagine it has to be a ton given to friends and family and such.

And 35 gallons for me in '07.

I'm on 23 five gallon batches of beer plus 5 gal of mead and 3 gal of cider.

I hope to get in two more batches before the year's end. So... 133 gallons total. :tank:

Oh yeah, I only started this hobby in May... :rockin:

#36 Dad's Birthday Wit Jan-2 5 gal
#37 4 Quarter Dry Stout Jan-12 5 gal
Malt Vinegar Jan-16 1 Gal
#38 Alpenhorn Amber Jan-28 5 gal
#39 Vienna Lager Feb-19 5 gal
#40 7-7-7 7 Grain Revolution Apr-6 5 gal
#41 7-7-7 Rye IPA Apr-11 5 gal
#42 Fat Tuba Pale Ale May-27 5 gal
#43 Kolsch Jun-3 5 gal
#44 LHBS Screw-Up Stout Jun-24 5 gal
#45 Rye Somethin' Jul-8 5 gal
#46 80/- Bagpipes Jul-10 5 gal
#47 Wagner Weizen Sep-15 5 gal
#48 Bruin Buster Brown Sep-23 5 gal
#49 Bruin Killsner German Pilsner Oct-24 5 gal
#50 English Barleywine/Bitter/Small Beer Nov-18 7.5 gal
#51 Fat Tuba Pale Ale (Proposed Dec-20) 5 gal
#52 Old Helicon Barleywine 2007 (Proposed Dec 29/30) 4 gal

17 Brews, 1 Malt Vinegar, 87.5 Gallons, 4 Awards

Watch out that the Feds don't bust in your door (recall scenes from the Untouchables) !!!

I think I made and drank about 25 Gallons this year. - Dirk

man, I just can't drink that much beer. I only made 25 gals of beer and 5 gals of hard lemonade.

But.. It was the bast dang 25 gals of beer I ever had! The Hard lemonade we don't talk about much round here.
:)

I brewed 70 gallons this year...gonna start doing apfelwein soon so my total will be higher next year

I would be surprised if I ever brew more than 100 gallons in any one year.

Sadly, Only:
  • 20 gallons of beer
  • 25 gallons of Mead/Melomel
  • 30 Gallons Apfelwein
  • 3 gallons wine

At first, I thought this thread had something to do with me and you had just spelled my name wrong.....:ban:

Latest posts

Back