NB Red Hoptober

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxkling

Reaction score
Hoptober has been one of my favorites since its release in 09. I know some love it and some hate it but I really loved it. So at the store I saw Red Hoptober and grabbed at 12pack of it.

Man, this stuff is GREAT, who's had it yet and whats your opinion?

Had on tap last week at the local BBQ joint. At first I thought it was way out of balance with the bitterness, but about a 1/4 through the glass I really started to enjoy it. Ordered another. Had me and my friend mixing all my beers with my O-fest this Saturday while I brewed. Gotta say, the O-fest with the Pliney clone was delicious. Needless to say, my O-fest next year is going to be a lot hoppier!

The first impression I got from it was a lighter version of a black ipa I did last year. From their website, its crazy that its only a 2 grain bill, its really complex for that.

Solid stuff.The clean fresh hoppiness of this brewery has really never let me down.Unless Im lucky and never get aged ones or something they have always been that way to me for some reason. I hear ya on the love/hate with them. Im not a Fattire fan either. I happen to love the Ranger also. Red october is good but moreso ocassionally for me. There is definatly a few of the new ones I dont like,like some of the belgians but some I loved also. Good thing I started rating beers for my own personal reference now.:)

Back