Color?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldude309

Reaction score
Just added Raspberries to my secondary, Real nice color and a pretty good flavor. Will it retain some or all of the color or will it age out clear?

It's copper no matter what background, I'm quite fond of it. But so far the colour is the best part of this mead. But it's not done yet.

I just bottled one from my bulk to try it out, decided to add some more honey to sweeten it since it was very dry. It should be ready to drink early in the summer.

Quite simple recipe: 17 liters of water, 3.5 kg of honey and Sweet Mead Yeast (it was getting old, so I decided why not?) and 3 kg of strawberries in the secondary. OG was 1.050, so it's quite light. I also added some Jack Daniels toasted oak chips after I removed the strawberries, normally intended for BBQ. It had a light smokey taste, which unfortunately disappeared after I sweetened it the first time. Now it's very dry, with a clear taste of strawberries and a hint of honey. No alcohol taste at all, very easy to drink.

Back