Question about pressure relief valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried googling it and wasnt finding much of anything.

Looks like those are converted pin locks. Besides the size difference and the relief valve they should work the same.

Thanks for the link, my buddy needs to use firestone pinlock kegs because of the height advantage but he still has issues because pin locks are taller than ball locks. Seems like these kegs would be perfect for his mini fridge project.

Thanks for the link, my buddy needs to use firestone pinlock kegs because of the height advantage but he still has issues because pin locks are taller than ball locks. Seems like these kegs would be perfect for his mini fridge project.

Dont you mean Ballocks are taller than Pinlocks or am i too drunk.:drunk:

Im getting there buddy! What I mean is pinlock "kegs" are smaller than balllock "kegs". But the fittings themselves are the opposite. A pinlock fitting is taller than a ball lock fitting. So if you have a firestone keg retrofitted with ball lock connections you get the height advantage from both the keg and the fitting. Smallest total height.

Im getting there buddy! What I mean is pinlock "kegs" are smaller than balllock "kegs". But the fittings themselves are the opposite. A pinlock fitting is taller than a ball lock fitting. So if you have a firestone keg retrofitted with ball lock connections you get the height advantage from both the keg and the fitting. Smallest total height.

Oh OK I'm not drunk yet. YOU are.:mug:

You do know that you can get replacement lids with the ball lock style relief valve, right? I actually just got one on Saturday (Keg Connection) to replace the one that I fermented in (pulled the pin lock valve out to install an airlock)... Not sure if the keg will fit into my new fridge, when I get that in place, but I'll have the option of using it.

Back