Suggestions for places to try out in Wash / Or / Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopheader

Reaction score
Hi there; roaaaaad triiiiiiip!!!!!
:rockin:

Taking my Canadian tastebuds across the border to the lovely U S of A for a few week driving, will be going through Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Montana, and then back across the border.

Suggestions for places to stop and partake/experience?
(will mostly be keeping along the pacific coast highway but exceptions may happen from time to time...)

Greatly appreciated.
:mug:

Not to be a smartass.. but im thinking youll have to venture off the pacific coast highway to get to nevada, utah, and montana. ;)

joking aside.. wow, thats a long trip----how much time are you devoting to this?

if you happen to stop in portland, Id highly recommend Deschutes Brewery. My favorite by far.

Piaci in Ft. Bragg. Oh, and there might be a half-decent brewery there too, but hit Piaci for sure.

Come down hwy 97 in Oregon Redmond, Bend, or come over hwy26 from Eugene 9 brew houses great fishing,, easy to get to NV or Utah from here

Some of the breweries we like to visit:

In Washington: Boundary Bay (Bellingham), Hale's (Seattle), Port Townsend Brewing, Pyramid (Seattle), Georgetown Brewing (Seattle), Snoqualmie Falls (Snoqualmie off I-90 near the pass), Iron Horse (Ellensburg), Icicle Brewing (Leavenworth), Walking Man (Stevenson in the Columbia Gorge across from Cascade Locks, Oregon).

In Oregon, Deschutes (I recommend the Bend site), Full Sail (Hood River at the East end of the Columbia Gorge), Pelican Brewing (Pacific City), Rogue (not one of my favs but very popular), Ninkasi (Eugene).

Have fun!

Thanks for the replies!
And hey I said MOSTLY down the PCHiway ...
;)

Yes Deschutes, Rogue, for sure. Had good product of theirs before. Be nice to visit and see.

Thanks for the tips.

Hopheader

Some of the breweries we like to visit:

In Washington: Boundary Bay (Bellingham), Hale's (Seattle), Port Townsend Brewing, Pyramid (Seattle), Georgetown Brewing (Seattle), Snoqualmie Falls (Snoqualmie off I-90 near the pass), Iron Horse (Ellensburg), Icicle Brewing (Leavenworth), Walking Man (Stevenson in the Columbia Gorge across from Cascade Locks, Oregon).

In Oregon, Deschutes (I recommend the Bend site), Full Sail (Hood River at the East end of the Columbia Gorge), Pelican Brewing (Pacific City), Rogue (not one of my favs but very popular), Ninkasi (Eugene).

Have fun!

if you go off far enough for snoqualmie, the Rogue in Issaquah is the best Rogue to hit, IMHO, as they also have house beers retained from before that brewery was bought by rogue.
i haven't been to Deschutes or Snoqualmie, but i've had both of their beers on tap and in bottle, and i highly recommend stopping by.

If your coming into Washington via I5/Bellingham you must hit Boundary Bay (voted best IPA in many categories). Also another good local classic German lager's Chuckanut brewery.

Mmmmm... IPA, now we're talkin'. Love Love LOVE those American N.W. hops!

Henry the 9th, will do if I make it around there. Thanks!

Back