How to disassemble beer tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingi

Reaction score
I bought a used kegerator and it was never cleaned after the last keg, so its pretty gunked up in the lines and all. How does the tap disassemble from the draft tower? I'd like to break it totally down and replace all the tubing. Also, its set up with a sankey hook up that I have to replace for my corny. Is that a porblem or an easy mod?

What type of kegerator is it? Is it home made or manufactured? If it's manufactured, the tap should have a silver collar on the outside of the tower. The faucet should just unscrew from the collar. Can you tell what type of faucet it is? Once you get the faucet off, whatever you do, don't force it to operate. Soak it in a mild soap/hot water solution and gently operate it until it becomes free.
The mod from Sanke to Corny is easy. Since you're replacing all of the hoses anyway, Just cut the tubing far enough from the metal fittings so that you can connect with hose barbs and keep the Sanke tap in case you want to use it for BMC for a party or something. Luck - Dwain

[youtube]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcdom4mXqBY&feature=related]YouTube - How to Clean Draft Beer Lines[/ame]
[/youtube]

Back