Rye IPA Label (Insensitive?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I don't find it insensitive, but my Raspberry Wheat was made on Easter and allowed to ferment for 40 days and 40 nights. it was rebranded Razurrection and the label involved Jesus bleeding raspberries, so that's where I am coming from.

THAT KICKS ASS!
all be it handicap ass.
TheHandicap.png

I don't get it. Why punch wheelchair guy? Just have him punch another person standing up, if you're just going for the random violence factor.

I don't get it. Why punch wheelchair guy? Just have him punch another person standing up, if you're just going for the random violence factor.

Violence doesn't get much more random then punching the wheelchair guy...

Well, you're asking if it's insensitive(unsensitive actually, but that's not a word). Punching a guy in a wheelchair probably fits the bill, as I'm sure you're aware. I still don't get it. Maybe you could explain why you think it is funny, or interesting.

I think it's dumb. Explain why I'm wrong.

Thank you for pointing out my improper word usage. I do think it's funny BECAUSE it's insensitive... The parenthetical title was meant to be tongue in cheek. I also posted a thread with the title "This is a fun forum"... Thank you for making that "intrue".

Aww, don't get too bent about it... I think he was just asking for a little more background.

Raspberry Jesus made me LOL pretty hard.

What about.... someone punching the viewer in the eye?
SuperStock_1439R-67075.jpg

Or, from the movie Snatch, the freeze-frame where Mickey gets laid out in slow mo... I think it was by Gorgeous George?
52g.jpg

(Need better picture, or photoshop a black eye on him)

You know, being disabled (cerebral palsy) I had to grow up being able to make fun of myself (now 38) simply out of self-preservation. I've made some bad jokes at my own expense. Even I didn't find that funny, and I've been known to stumble down the hallway screaming "Sanctuary!" Ya know, as in The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. :cross:

HEHEHE I get that one. :p

It's all good - Any time a poster with a low post count sounds like he might be offended, I feel it's customary to make sure it's known that we're just a sometimes-rowdy bunch who has a good time. Glad you're laughing with us! :D

"You know, being disabled (cerebral palsy) I had to grow up being able to make fun of myself (now 38) simply out of self-preservation. I've made some bad jokes at my own expense. Even I didn't find that funny, and I've been known to stumble down the hallway screaming "Sanctuary!" Ya know, as in The Hunchback Of Notre Dame."

Sorry, man. I didn't mean for it to be offending to anyone. (Even though it obviously suggests an offensive action...) I just thought it was a fun label. I'll be more careful in the future.

Well, you're asking if it's insensitive(unsensitive actually, but that's not a word). Punching a guy in a wheelchair probably fits the bill, as I'm sure you're aware. I still don't get it. Maybe you could explain why you think it is funny, or interesting.

I think it's dumb. Explain why I'm wrong.

Because sometimes being non-PC is funny

IMHO

I would tell you what a third grade teacher would tell their students...

If you have to ask, it probably is. (unsensitive)

If you want to defend why punching someone handicapped is funny, I'm all ears. Why not just put up a cartoon of a guy with a black eye...

I would agree that some things "non-pc" are funny, however there is a line...

Again...:eek:

Sorry, man. I didn't mean for it to be offending to anyone. (Even though it obviously suggests an offensive action...) I just thought it was a fun label. I'll be more careful in the future.

Oh for Frick sake dude!
It’s your beer, its your sense of humor,
Drink your beer and make your self laugh.
When Hcarter or blacklab starts buying your supplies then they can dictate
what you put on the label, but for now you still have your 1st amendment rights to call it what you want ,, by the way I think that you not putting a prayer on the bottle makes you an A$$ head for not giving thanks for giving you the prosperity to make beer.

Tomorrow I plan on trying to get a law passed to tell you what you can and can’t call your beer
arrogantbastard.jpg

BTW Parker38 and I are both bastards and I think we can both agree that **** is offensive and really hurts, its not are fault are dad did not love our mothers

Thank you for pointing out my improper word usage. I do think it's funny BECAUSE it's insensitive... The parenthetical title was meant to be tongue in cheek. I also posted a thread with the title "This is a fun forum"... Thank you for making that "intrue".

You posted your label in the 'Label Display & Discussion' section asking if we thought it was insensitive. I think it is. Others do, too. You don't, and some agree. But you threw it out there and asked the world if we thought it was insensitive. If you don't want honest opinions, then you really shouldn't ask the question.

I am really NOT trying to get on you personally. It's just my opinion. Opinions abound on this forum. Some you will agree with, some you won't. That's the way it goes. But, your right! This is a fun place, stick around, you'll like it.

You posted your label in the 'Label Display & Discussion' section asking if we thought it was insensitive. I think it is. Others do, too. You don't, and some agree. But you threw it out there and asked the world if we thought it was insensitive. If you don't want honest opinions, then you really shouldn't ask the question.

I am really NOT trying to get on you personally. It's just my opinion. Opinions abound on this forum. Some you will agree with, some you won't. That's the way it goes. But, your right! This is a fun place, stick around, you'll like it.

I agree, I still think it's great. And I'm glad I got started off with a bang. We all share a passion and we are all passionate about it. I look forward to many discussions on these forums, and I'm glad to make all of your acquaintances. Peace, love and real great beer!!:mug:

Hey, that gave me a great idea that I never thought of for my rye. If you can't tell I'm a big Phish phan.

Singing "Oh Wilson, someday I'll kill you 'til you die
Oh Wilson, Punch you in the rye"!

Hey, that gave me a great idea that I never thought of for my rye. If you can't tell I'm a big Phish phan.

Singing "Oh Wilson, someday I'll kill you 'til you die
Oh Wilson, Punch you in the rye"!

Yeah, that's where I drew my inspiration from... Hey, I hear they're getting back together to do some shows. I think I'm too old to go to anymore Phish shows though!

"You know, being disabled (cerebral palsy) I had to grow up being able to make fun of myself (now 38) simply out of self-preservation. I've made some bad jokes at my own expense. Even I didn't find that funny, and I've been known to stumble down the hallway screaming "Sanctuary!" Ya know, as in The Hunchback Of Notre Dame."

You know what? don't worry about it, I was having a bad day. No worries. :D

Back