India Red Ale (Radical)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
I'm brewing this Mosher beer from the Radical book. It's the first one that I've tried from here.
7 # DME Light
5# Munich!!!!!!
12 oz med crystal
8 oz dark crystal
2 oz black patent

2 oz cascade at 60
2 oz cascade at 30
2 oz kent goldings at 5

nottinghams dry

does anyone think this is an insane amount of grain, MUNICH! i brewed it but i only had about a 3 gal boils so it was hard to even get this much grain in there. let alone the fact that my grain bag was about to pop!

Sounds pretty good to be actually. I think I would cut down the hop bill though. 1.5@60 and 1@30 and 1@5. With the original hop bill I think it might hide the nice taste of munich. But with that abv 9.5? by my calc. You will need a descent solid hop to mask it a bit.

That's what makes it RADICAL!!!! But seriously, I've done a few brews from that book and they've all turned out excellent. Lots of good recipes...with a little twist. I was going to try one of these IPA variations soon, but I have a few tweaks to an IPA recipe kegged right now that I NEED to make soon.

Latest posts

Back