Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegerator_002.jpg

I noticed a lot of people have built an area between the door and the freezer, but this does't have that? I really like the clean look and I guess in my mind it looks like less work. Do you do anything special or different than the other on the inside? I am slowly making my way through this thread. I came across yours on page 25.

Thanks.

jimmerz. Most people put a collar on because their freezer is not deep enough or has a large hump that they want to be able to fit kegs on. Superiorbrew's is probably deep enough that he does not need a collar. It all depends on the size of the freezer you buy. Hope this info helps

jimmerz. Most people put a collar on because their freezer is not deep enough or has a large hump that they want to be able to fit kegs on. Superiorbrew's is probably deep enough that he does not need a collar. It all depends on the size of the freezer you buy. Hope this info helps

Some people also don't like the look of towers and want the taps to come out of the freezer, in this case a collar is needed so you don't permanently damage the freezer by drilling through it.

I'm curious if anyone thinks there a market for selling a collar and tray conversion kit comprised of what you see here without the freezer, CO2 bottle/regulator, kegs and drip tray? It would sure make putting a quality kegerator together a lot easier. Could make them to suit larger freezer models with more faucets as well. What do you all think?

Thanks.

I think you MIGHT be onto something! If all one had to do was remove the lid and hook the collar in (with other "minor" adjustments) I know I would be interested. I am really liking these set ups. I would love one for my gameroom (eventually) But If I were able to actually make one enclosed my wife said I could put it in the dining room. I shown her Jesters, Big Mistake!

After bottling my first 10 batches I decided that I would like to be able to dispense from faucets during parties and for my own convenience. Cleaning bottles after a party was a large pain in my behind.

So I asked my parents and girlfriend to buy me kegs, CO2, tubing and fittings for christmas and received 4 corneys, enough tubing to plumb a fridge and a CO2 cylinder. I then went out and procured an old monkey ward 25 CF side by side for 50$ and stumbled across some old soda taps for free.

After messing around with it for the last month this is what I came up with. I still want to trim out the hole for the taps on the inside of the fridge and install a drip tray but so far so good.

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

Here's mine. Just two taps installed today. Fun project! My first keg setup! Loving my double chocolate stout!

image-112107856.jpg

Don't know what I would have done without this forum, Figured its about time to come out of lurk mode and post some pics of my keezer. I just added the collar and perlicks this weekend. much nicer than my old picnic tap setup :)

IMG_01012.JPG

IMG_01062.JPG

IMG_01081.JPG

The second tap has been hooked up since these pics were taken

Cheers

Looks great! So simple, yet clean and neat. This is all I would really need, but My wife wouldnt allow it. She wants it to be more fancy looking if I want to keep it in the dining room....grrrr

Looks great! So simple, yet clean and neat. This is all I would really need, but My wife wouldnt allow it. She wants it to be more fancy looking if I want to keep it in the dining room....grrrr

Sounds like she just gave you the goahead to spend more money.

Been lurking on this site for a while. A few months back (~5), my girlfriend and I decided to build a kegerator/keezer. I never got around to posting pictures though. Its built off of a Holiday 7cf freezer. I have a couple sanke taps that I've been using until I finished my setup for homebrew.

Now that I have a spare 1/4 keg (that I will be using for fermentation), I can start using the small army of corny kegs I have on hand. Sadly, my keezer only fits 3 comfortably because they are the shorter and wider cornys.

So, here it is:

imag0214pj.jpg

Shelf yet to come for the glasses on the right.
imag0213nr.jpg

Tile work was courtesy of my girlfriend.
imag0211ku.jpg

3 on the floor
imag0212f.jpg

And finally my effective but messy gas system.

After a week of scrolling through this thread I am ready to make a keezer. My brain is bursting with ideas. Every kegerator large and small has inspired me. I have a Admiral freezer that is about to get a total makeover.

Who has the best deals on kegs, lines, faucets and such?
What makes Perlick superior to standard?

Built my first one today!

Used the Costco Haier 7.1cu freezer, johnson controls temperature regulator and Kegco faucets and shanks

IMG_20120217_172234.jpg

Pearlsnappro said:
After a week of scrolling through this thread I am ready to make a keezer. My brain is bursting with ideas. Every kegerator large and small has inspired me. I have a Admiral freezer that is about to get a total makeover.

Who has the best deals on kegs, lines, faucets and such?
What makes Perlick superior to standard?

I found Kegconnection.com to be very reasonable for all of my needs.

Well, I just finished my Jester knock off.

b93a949f.jpg

I did the coffin a little different. I built a tower out of copper and PVC and then built the coffin around it.

e7f99a4c.jpg

I also drilled my holes for the faucets straight through the granite tile. Took 2 hrs to get both holes drilled. I backed the tile up with a piece of sheet metal for support.

As you can see, I decided to recess my lighting above the taps. I like the way it turned out.

I used 1/4" oak veneer to skin the freezer. After much research and debate, I opted for the skin instead of the ventilated ducts.

Other than that, its pretty much similar to all the others. If anyone has any questions or wants a build thread I am more than happy to do it.

First pint!

2414886b.jpg

Thanks to everyone who's ideas I stole! There are tons of great keezers on this thread and I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at each one of them.

Here's my Treasure Chest keezer. I still have to make my tap handles, a drip tray, a few trim pieces, and mount the CO2 regulators. It's been a great project and works great. It's a 7 cu ft Holiday freezer with an Automation direct temp controller and motor starter. there is room for 3 corny kegs and a 6 gallon carboy. I have 3 Perlick 525SSTF faucets. They work very nice....Right now I only have a porter on tap but will be brewing something real soon. I haven't had much time to brew while working on this. I won't have to bottle anymore so that will save me some time!
6818-i-have-mount-co2-regulators-finish-few-trim-pieces-my-treasure-chest-will-complete.jpg

Wow... that is fantastic... nicely done

Thank you!
I just wanted something different..I happy with the way it has turned out so far. I've been trying to come up with some cool ideas for tap handles. I was thinking about cutlass sword handles or blunderbuss pistols or something.

Was just wondering if anybody on the forum has used of these stainless films on their keezer?

http://www.stainlesssteelfilm.com/

http://www.fauxsteel.com/

I think I could talk the wife into keeping it in the kitchen/family room area if it fit in with the rest of the applicances.
I noticed this in the description. It sounds really thin and fragile. I'd order the trial size piece first and try it on something first.
"Will stick to a textured refrigerator, but some of the texture "may" show through. Order a sample first to test."

Thank you!
I just wanted something different..I happy with the way it has turned out so far. I've been trying to come up with some cool ideas for tap handles. I was thinking about cutlass sword handles or blunderbuss pistols or something.

I had sketched up ideas for my first keezer similar to what you did. My final design ended up much less pirate like, but I did a lot of digging through pictures online of wooden chests. I was thinking of using some wrought iron fence post finials as tap handles, or wooden handles wrapped in rope. Maybe make a handle that looks like a rolled up treasure map. A bottle with a note inside. A parrot. Stack of doubloons or gold coins. Stick of dynamite. How about making handles with sails on them, and ropes loosely stranded between them as if they were masts of a pirate ship. You could fly the jolly Roger from your middle tap.

I had sketched up ideas for my first keezer similar to what you did. My final design ended up much less pirate like, but I did a lot of digging through pictures online of wooden chests. I was thinking of using some wrought iron fence post finials as tap handles, or wooden handles wrapped in rope. Maybe make a handle that looks like a rolled up treasure map. A bottle with a note inside. A parrot. Stack of doubloons or gold coins. Stick of dynamite. How about making handles with sails on them, and ropes loosely stranded between them as if they were masts of a pirate ship. You could fly the jolly Roger from your middle tap.
Nice tap handle ideas!

After 8 months of planning and working here is my keezer!

6064-img-0235.jpg

The lid and backsplash still need to be tiled (coincidentally I have the same glass mosaic tile that ttumotion used on his) and some corner trim needs to be applied, along with various other odds and ends, but it pours beer!

Thanks to everyone who shared their build process on this forum and anyone who answered questions (mine and others)!

My build thread is here and also please check out the Coffin Keezer List

Here it is tiled!!!

DSC_0028.JPG

Back