What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the new release from Southern Star. Their old Potential an old ale. Hope its awesome!

ForumRunner_20130112_204420.png

DisturbdChemist said:
Got the new release from Southern Star. Their old Potential an old ale. Hope its awesome!

I'll have to look for that one. I've been meaning to visit the brewery, but it seems like something always happens to mess up my plans. It's a shame they don't do tours during the week.

nukebrewer said:
I'm assuming it's nothing like Brown Shugga, but this is delicious. Glad I bought a whole sixer.

I just passed up on a sixer, cause I really like the Brown Shugga but that's obviously not a barleywine

I'll have to look for that one. I've been meaning to visit the brewery, but it seems like something always happens to mess up my plans. It's a shame they don't do tours during the week.

Hopefully you find time. It's always a blast when I go. Good free beer I can't complain. I wish most breweries have it during the week. Only saint Arnold does it because their the only with a separate beer hall. It's worth the trip.

Verdict please. Haven't seen this yet.

I just saw it and had to pick it up. It's completely different that Divine 12 which was an old ale. This was really roasty. It reminded me of their buried hatchet stout but a little lighter on the body and not a full roast like the stout. It's worth picking up and trying. Think its was 8 for a 4 pack.

Picked up this. Belgian Dark Strong from Ranger Creek. Probably my favorite offering from them- tons of dark fruit, some nutmeg/cinnamon aroma but incredibly drinkable from the dryness. Must get more.

image-1005104688.jpg

That's an awesome beer.

Yes it is. I'm loving it now. I tried it as GABF. First time they poured it and I really liked it. Though the bottle is more sour than the sample at the festival or I was just drunk... I don't know lol.

Picked up this. Belgian Dark Strong from Ranger Creek. Probably my favorite offering from them- tons of dark fruit, some nutmeg/cinnamon aroma but incredibly drinkable from the dryness. Must get more.

That one is also my favorites. I bought a bottle and it was flat. I emailed them and they sent me a fresh bottle, no questions ask. Awesome brewery. Love their whiskey.

I wanna be cool too.....

View attachment 94063

This is a phenomenal IPA.... I dunno why they even bother brewing that Brown Shugga crap for 10 months, this should be the year 'round.

Yay for the cool kids! I still have four left, but I am saving two for another night. As for the other two... :tank:

Attachments

• 20130112_205800.jpg
    20130112_205800.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 114
nukebrewer said:
Yay for the cool kids! I still have four left, but I am saving two for another night. As for the other two... :tank:

I keep hearing about this but I don't think they have it at the Wholefoods by me

Dude, I'm in the Navy. Need I say more? ;)

I meant from the hops, not the booze... I come from pirate stock, I know how the liver watches one's back.

Seriously? I thought everyone knew of the stereotypical drunken sailor.

What can we do with a drunken sailor? Shave his balls with a rusty razor?

HPIM1847.jpg
:mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I meant from the hops, not the booze... I come from pirate stock, I know how the liver watches one's back.

What can we do with a drunken sailor? Shave his balls with a rusty razor?

:mug:

I vote for putting him in bed with the captain's daughter.

Back