20# Co2 score, but is it legal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanH

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can tell by the markings on the tank and the overall rusty condition if Airgas or a similar company would exchange this tank... I got it on Craigslist for free (with an old fridge).

Thanks in advance.

image-1174861648.jpg

image-2986448034.jpg

image-1633160597.jpg

if it doesn"t have a property of.... stamped on it..and you may need to pay for the hydro. go exchange that bad boy. the worst that can happen is they say no.

if they say no just wait until the next shift of take to another place. Btw, I've swapped worse.

^ I was just going to say that. Northern Brewer turned a friend down once because it hadn't been tested in the last 20 years or so but then he took it back again and the other guy just took it. Shady? Yes. Effective? Yes.

Most of the places around me only refuse to swop tanks over 80lb's if you can't "prove ownership". For many, that just means signing a piece of paper claiming that you own it.

For tanks under 80lbs, and especially 20lbs and under, most of them don't even look at the tank, they just grab you a pre-filled tank of the same size and swop them out, only charging you for the gas.

Well I googled a stamp and found its rightful owner. Giving it back is the right thing to do. I'll come across another. I have a 20# already and really just want a 5# to go with it. They said they'd give me $20 for being nice enough to return it. I'm not a religious person, and quite frankly I'm not even that friendly, but I can't keep something that I know isn't mine.

I had one that was in similar condition (mine was a just a tad better, with a little less rust), and they exchanged it no problem. Had to pay for a hydro test, but it was only 14 bucks at the place I exchanged it at.

Just because it has their name on it does not mean they own it. It very well may have been sold many years ago. I could stamp my name into a tank and exchange it. It doesn't mean I still own it. I have gotten many tanks stamped coca cola and PBG(pepsi bottling group) from airgas, they don't seem to care. Even when I contacted pepsi they said their deposit for the tank is higher than the price of a new one. If it doesn't come back it's paid for.

Latest posts

Back