Beirmuncher's Guinness Clone Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbaddad

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I posted this on the actual thread, but have not gotten a response.

I absentmindedly added .4lbs of acid malt to the grain bill versus the .25lbs that is recommended. :mad: It is already milled.

How sour will that end up making it? Should I just give it a whirl or should I try to get more ingredients for a 5 gallon batch and mix them to make 15 gallons?

I have never worked with acid malt and don't want to have it be too sour after all the work if there is a way to correct course before brewing. Going to be doing it on Sunday.

hopsalot said:
let it be, learn and drink from the mistake.. BREW

I think it will be pretty tangy. Start thinking up other names for the beer you will end up with. I like Sour Shillelagh Stout.

Well, I guess I will just pick up some new grains.

I can't spend that much time brewing something I won't drink.

Why not double all of the other grains, mix, then split in half? Brew once, see how you like it, then modify a bit for a second batch.
Personally, I would find a way to use what you have.

Why not double all of the other grains, mix, then split in half? Brew once, see how you like it, then modify a bit for a second batch.
Personally, I would find a way to use what you have.

+1 this will be slightly cheaper then buying all the grains again and you can brew twice! MORE BEER :tank:

Yup.

That is what I did.

The grains were not wasted. Now i have a ton of guinness in the pipeline.

Back