Microbrewery software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHoss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good PC-VISTA compatible software program that can track the quantity of beer and the taxes to be paid on it? Something that isn't outrageously priced and geared towards someone just starting as a pro?
Thanks.

What exactly do you want it to do? So far it sounds like something excel could handle...

What exactly do you want it to do? So far it sounds like something excel could handle...

I was thinking the same thing as I was asking the question. What I would like is an extension of BeerSmith or something. I'm not real Excel proficient but I do understand the basics of it.
I suppose ultimately I would like the program to list out the characteristics of the beer, including OG, FG, ABV date of kegging and sold date. Then have that amount broken down for tax purposes and a running total for quarterly taxes. Also connect to the tax forms online. I think that covers it. :)

Its easy to make excel do that. DO you just want to be able to enter in a volume of beer (in gallons or bbls) and it outputs taxes to be paid? Are the taxes flat, or do they change with the amount you brew? I can probably write up something for you if you tell me exactly what you want it to do.

You added more stuff. I think the key would be to get beersmith to output those values for you. Can't help you there, sorry

Its easy to make excel do that. DO you just want to be able to enter in a volume of beer (in gallons or bbls) and it outputs taxes to be paid? Are the taxes flat, or do they change with the amount you brew? I can probably write up something for you if you tell me exactly what you want it to do.

You added more stuff. I think the key would be to get beersmith to output those values for you. Can't help you there, sorry

The federal tax is $7/bbl. A bbl being 31 gallons would put it at around $.23/gallon.
Not sure what the state wants.

Do you need the program to calculate the beer stats, or just enter them in and log them? Doing the tax math isn't difficult, though when you say 'Also connect to the tax forms online.' do you mean auto-generate them for you? That's a lot more custom work, and yes you'd need more than Excel to do it.

Latest posts

Back