meat headache?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllHoppedUp

Reaction score
Okay, I just ate a very BIG lunch that consisted of nothing but meat and now I have a killer headache. Beef brisket, shredded pork, shredded beef, honey smoked ham, a pork chop, half of a steak, a few hot wings, a few coconut prawns, a little halibut, and a couple chicken nuggets. One plate. Piled high. No salads, no bread, no veggies, no sides of any kind. Just a lot of meat. Now my head hurts. What gives? :confused: Anyone experience this before? Just curious.

AHU

Just my theory about American obesity...you are what you eat!

Almost everything we consume has growth hormones and preservatives in them. I think the reason we are getting "bigger" is because we are on the same "steroids" that were injected into our food chain to make bigger, weightier meats (approved by the FDA for big business to make heftier profits).

I also believe most of the preservatives are what makes us sick and gives us health problems like cancer, etc.

Oops, sorry, my foot just caved in my soap box.:drunk:

AllHoppedUp said:
Okay, I just ate a very BIG lunch that consisted of nothing but meat and now I have a killer headache. Beef brisket, shredded pork, shredded beef, honey smoked ham, a pork chop, half of a steak, a few hot wings, a few coconut prawns, a little halibut, and a couple chicken nuggets. One plate. Piled high. No salads, no bread, no veggies, no sides of any kind. Just a lot of meat. Now my head hurts. What gives? :confused: Anyone experience this before? Just curious.

AHU

Holy sh*t AHU, was this on a dare or somethin'?:ban:

I'll bet it was those prawns...they get ya everytime.:tank:

Thats a lotta meat. Well meat contains complex carbs so maybe your body is busy breaking them down thus using nutrients your brain needs. = headache.
???

My question is why eat that much meat? Turbo atkins diet?

Caplan said:
My question is why eat that much meat? Turbo atkins diet?

Nah - I work at a resort that has couple restaurants. There's an employee cafe that has the same crappy food every day. So when I heard that one of our vendors was having a free buffet to showcase some of their higher-end meats (and the chicken nuggets?) I was all over it. I made a hefty meal of it, but it's not like I gorged myself Thanksgiving style. Although I do find myself day dreaming about watching football in the recliner . . . with a homebrew . . . and my hand tucked down my pants.

AHU

hmmmm... the MSG thing might have something to it. My wife is sensitive to MSG and it affects here in levels. First, she breaks out in hives, then she gets a dry mouth. She's never gotten beyond that, but I could imagine a headache could be somewhere right around the corner from dry mouth...

-walker

Walker said:
hmmmm... the MSG thing might have something to it. My wife is sensitive to MSG and it affects here in levels. First, she breaks out in hives, then she gets a dry mouth. She's never gotten beyond that, but I could imagine a headache could be somewhere right around the corner from dry mouth...

-walker

Hmmm, after I get dry mouth I tend to get the munchies...:tank:

Brewpastor said:

Brewpastor, I'd bet your "little toy" here would get rid of a meat headache! :ban:

potstill.jpg

Brewpastor said:

Walker said:
your church must rock, pastor.

"Today's sermon will focus on chapter 4 verse 20 of the book of . . . um . . . wait a minute . . . aw dammit, I lost my train of thought."

I think I've been misunderstood. What I meant to say was after a long day of proclamation my mouth is parched and powerfully dry and my physical body drained of nourishment.

I think I will go and roll another sermon...

You out "exercising some spirits" again 'pastor? seem to give 'em a good run most evenings (and on Sundays).
No rest for the wicked, eh?

Latest posts

Back