My Mead making checklist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCChazter

Reaction score
Template.xlsx

This is what I have been using to record my mead making. Feel free to use it, edit it, copy it, delete it, etc. Some of the sheets are protected, to avoid accidental editing, but there is no password protecting them (pink-ish boxes are still editable).

There are 7 pages:

Worksheet: Information on the type of brew, and batch number (I used the format of "M00", replacing 00 with an incrementing number)

Ingredient info: Fill in the ingredients you used here. Use the drop downs on the ingredient and unit, fill in the other pink boxes, and it will do the rest. The OG is just a calculation, and does not take the place of an actual measurement. The ABV is calculated from the OG and the FG on this sheet (which you can change). You can also fill in what you use for backsweetening, and it will calculate the SG after backsweetening, and the new diluted ABV.

Routine Checks: Every time you take a SG or pH reading, put it here with the date, and a few notes. It will use the numbers you put here to display the correct OG, FG, pH levels and ABV on the Worksheet, as well as graphs on sheets "Specific Gravity" and "pH"

Densities: This is where the Ingredient Info sheet gets its info for the density of each ingredient. Add to this list if you have an ingredient that is not on the list, and it will show up on the list.

Units: This is the conversion table for the Ingredient Info sheet. All the common unit conversions should be on here, but if it isn't, add it here.

If you end up changing something that could help out, or make this sheet better (like adding ingredients), post it in the comments!

Nice Spreadsheet, I am using it right now to track my 4 one gallon batches of Hard Cider. It's Handy. :mug:

I have made a few updates to the mead making checklist.

-better ingredient page that displays 1/3 and 2/3 marks
-multiple racking addition options
-current ABV uses info from the ingredient info page instead of routine checks page

Just thought I would share this, in case anyone else is using this.

here

Template.xlsx

This is what I have been using to record my mead making. Feel free to use it, edit it, copy it, delete it, etc. Some of the sheets are protected, to avoid accidental editing, but there is no password protecting them (pink-ish boxes are still editable!

Where did you upload this to? I keep getting a page that wants to install software to download the file and I'm not really interested in download software... :-(

The spreadsheet 'sounds' pretty cool.

Where did you upload this to? I keep getting a page that wants to install software to download the file and I'm not really interested in download software... :-(

The spreadsheet 'sounds' pretty cool.

The link should take you to an adf.ly link. Just wait for the yellow button at the top right to say "SKIP AD", and click it.

Alternatively, I have been slowly changing the format of the checklist as I use it, and have incorporated some VBA macros. The link for that is here

If you still can't download the first one, let me know

Yeah I have tried on several PCs with no joy. It directs me to the page, but it wont open or let me DL.

Latest posts

Back