My new venture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woknblues said:
OP, great car, bar and ladies. Best of luck to your venture, I bet it will be an old pub one day, with lots of great memories.

Ty, i like the sentiment, old pub with memories, nicely put

woknblues said:
Bless you for trying. Hope you do one in Broward, not near the waterfront.

Won't be anything like the OPs fantastic looking place I can tell you. But I might park a sweet sweet T/A in front too!

Next time I go to the UK I'm going to go and have a few pints!

mannye said:
Won't be anything like the OPs fantastic looking place I can tell you. But I might park a sweet sweet T/A in front too!

Next time I go to the UK I'm going to go and have a few pints!

Ill post a pic of my mustang for the muscle car lovers out there, this is outside my house (Galway, ireland)

image-2190169137.jpg

Lovely Pub. What beers do you serve? All REAL Ale (I am a member of CAMRA)? What town is this in? I miss my Sunday Lunch at the Pub. I was stationed at RAF Alconbury in the 1970s. My favorite home brew is Raymond's Best Bitter, named after my late friend Raymond Gossey who introduced me to Real Ale.

I was in Galway back in Fall 1995 but I think we stayed in Cong overnight. They had a theater that ran "The Quiet Man" something like every day of the week. Would have much preferred a visit to your pub, looks awesome.

Looks good, and looks like alot of fun. :) Good luck with your new venture. Maybe one day I'll be able to do something like that myself. :)

Wow what a neat looking pub....looks cozy and somehow idyllic, which is what many of us here across the pond think of when we envision an Irish pub :)

Love the Trans Am as well....

WastedCider said:
I will brave life and limb to visit if you open in FL. Good luck sir.

Lol. Don't listen to Top Gear. It isn't anywhere near as bad as they say.

community.dll

I don't know if I can make this work off the iPhone but here's my car too. Maybe one day it will be able to park in front of your pub!

mannye said:
Lol. Don't listen to Top Gear. It isn't anywhere near as bad as they say.

I don't know if I can make this work off the iPhone but here's my car too. Maybe one day it will be able to park in front of your pub!

Didn't work but park it outside and leave it for the night, we'll have a session :)

I will be in Galway late summer/early fall next year. I'll add your pub to the itinerary!

Didn't work but park it outside and leave it for the night, we'll have a session :)

GoodCompanycopy.jpg

OK...now it should work. There is is.. the only classic Mopar on Miami Beach... all those other "losers" here drive around in Italian cars...really flashy and noisy... :D

mannye said:
OK...now it should work. There is is.. the only classic Mopar on Miami Beach... all those other "losers" here drive around in Italian cars...really flashy and noisy... :D

Niiiiiiice

I had that identical car in high school except mine was a '78. Although, not many people I went to school with knew what it was (graduated '02) and everyone else drove fart canned Honda's. Oh yea, and kick ass bar!! :rockin:

I drove my mom's '78 Gold Edition Trans Am in high school (1982), then years later I bought one for myself. Wish I would have kept it.

Beautiful place and love the classic muscle. My daughter will be finishing up at Oxford in England this summer. She and a friend are going all over Europe after that. I'll check her Ireland itinerary and have her stop by if she is in Galway.

Never been to Ireland but now have one more reason to go. Lovely looking establishment! So what are the hurdles like there as far as being able to sell your own product? I've heard something about low abv limits on commercial stuff, too, is that still alive?

I saw the "new venture" thing and the trans am out front and my thought was, OMG, he's building Knight Rider! That's my childhood dream! But it's a bar instead. That's a different dream.

I have heard stories of Diageo reps going into locals and removing taps of smaller breweries in and around Dublin? Any truth to that?

Looks like a right session pub. Will drop in for a pint or three when I'm up north soon :fro:

j1laskey said:
I have heard stories of Diageo reps going into locals and removing taps of smaller breweries in and around Dublin? Any truth to that?

Not true, they may threaten to not sell you there products but I just tell them 'fine take out the taps' they just don't bother

Looks awesome. I spent time in Galway with a female acquaintance in May 2010. I every minute of it. I have to review my pics to see if I visited that pub.

I think I was in that place during my last visit to Ireland. Nice place. If it was not that place it was one that looked exactly like it.

I've now got 3 craft taps!

Blue Moon, don't shoot me its rare over here
Howling Gale Ale : An IPA from a small Irish brewer (8 degrees brewery)
Rowers Red : an Irish red from a tiny brewer which opened last year, 1 of only 7 pubs to stock it.,,,they are on the guest tap and will rotate seasonal beers. Also the guest tap may be out of commission (for public sale) when my dark lager is kegged as I can't "sell" it
New craft fridge going in next week with 10 different offerings initially.

This looks great. I will have my friend stop in there soon, as she's over there.

I had a Firebird Formula through High School. Not nearly as cool as the T/A, but still a head turner.

The more you get your patrons to try your homebrew, the more they will buy the craft beers. I know when I'm out, I will pay a bit extra for good beer. Cheers!

After I find out that Boystown (Omaha) is twinned with Ballymoe, I now have a reason to visit in the future. Please keep a stool warm for me.

opus345 said:
After I find out that Boystown (Omaha) is twinned with Ballymoe, I now have a reason to visit in the future. Please keep a stool warm for me.

Any friend of Boystown is a friend of Ballymoe and will always have a beer waiting on tap

Back