Jazzing up NB's Saison de Noel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakelyc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up NB's Saison de Noel extract kit and I am debating brewing it straight-up,or augmenting the recipe somehow. I haven't ever had it, but from the descriptions, apricots, cherries, plums or figs sound like they could be a match. Does anyone have any thoughts on things to throw in this beer?

Just my opinion, but... leave it alone!

As long as you're using a genuine saison yeast, that's where you'll get all your flavor from, and you don't need to spice it up with anything else. What yeast are you going to use?

Wyeast 3726 --- I used it with success earlier this year but I wasn't totally blown away, hence my having second thoughts with this recipe and thinking about augmentation. I suppose I could always peel a gallon off of primary and sit it on something just to satisfy my curiosity :)

Well, on second thought, if you've already used it and wasn't amazed... maybe experimentation isn't a bad idea! I don't know the kit so I can't really recommend anything myself :)

I DO like citrus-y dryhopped saisons though. Just bottled a batch today dryhopped with 2oz centennial and 1oz cascade. Smelled pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Back