immersion chiller help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lycan

Reaction score
I have 60' of 3/8" copper piping. I know how to bend the pipe. I need the parts that connect to the sink faucet to complete this bad boy, but most people seem to use a garden hose. I am using 1/2" clear tubing for mine. Can anyone help?

Go ahead and make the chiller as normal and attach the garden hose fittings, then, in the plumbing dept. look for the faucet adapter and you're golden! I don't think you can just buy a faucet fitting. Also, this way you can use both:)

Lycan said:
I have 60' of 3/8" copper piping. I know how to bend the pipe. I need the parts that connect to the sink faucet to complete this bad boy, but most people seem to use a garden hose. I am using 1/2" clear tubing for mine. Can anyone help?

Honestly, it will depend on your faucet. You'll need to look through the options at the hardware store. Unscrew the aerator on the faucet and use that as your guide.

Thanks guys. So if I ask for a garden hose to faucet adapter they won't look at me like I have 7 heads.

Lycan said:
Thanks guys. So if I ask for a garden hose to faucet adapter they won't look at me like I have 7 heads.

They might but they'll still sell you one:mug:

Bring your sink aerator to HD. They have a board you can check it with to get the proper size female fitting. Lowe's in my area didn't have what I needed.

I'm attach some pictures of the parts. I used 25' of 3/8 O.D. Copper.

image-2543771825.jpg

image-1670650375.jpg

image-2503553570.jpg

image-3640093207.jpg

My aerator has the threads on the inside. The pics I see.have them on the outside

Bring the aerator with you and find someone in the plumbing section. You will need to find the adapter to fit a 3/4" hose fitting. The hardest part was finding the hose fitting with a 3/8" barbed outside diameter.

bfrosolone said:
Bring the aerator with you and find someone in the plumbing section. You will need to find the adapter to fit a 3/4" hose fitting. The hardest part was finding the hose fitting with a 3/8" barbed outside diameter.

Ok. Thanks. I'll go tomorrow

Latest posts

Back