Staying in Cooperstown NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverSwillBeer

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is traveling to Cooperstown and is interested in some good beer. We are in the Chicago market and have no clue what is available there. Guess we'd like some advice on breweries / bars to hit in the area and what are some your favorites of East Coast market. Also for budgeting .... what can he expect to pay for a sixer of say Dogfish head ?

Thanks for any info :rockin:

Ommegang is an awesome brewery. They do a great tour there. There are some other great beers available in town. Its been about two years since I have been there, so I can't remember the names of the others. Unfortunately Ommegang doesn't serve anything there. They aren't shy about tasting though. There is a great pub near the Hall of Fame. I can't remember what it was called, but it is white with green trim across the street from the Foo Kin Chinese Restaurant. Is that a great name or what?

I can't wait to tour Omnegang in a couple weeks. Wife and I are *finally* doing a little getaway for our anniversary, we're going to hit the Finger Lakes for a couple days but stop in Cooperstown on the way.

I can't wait to tour Omnegang in a couple weeks. Wife and I are *finally* doing a little getaway for our anniversary, we're going to hit the Finger Lakes for a couple days but stop in Cooperstown on the way.

I live in the Finger Lakes. If you have time you should check out Ithaca Brewery in Ithaca, Roosterfish Brewery in Watknis Glen (call first they just lost a huge batch of beer so they are short for awhile). There is also a brewery at Three Brothers Winery in Fayette. They just started the beer thing and it's made off site but it's still pretty good. They also have three wineries on the property. There are several others that are good if you might be near rochester or syracuse. If you are coming for the wineries and want any information, PM me, my wife manages one and we spend alot of time doing tastings and events at them.

Back