Regulator screw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizenheimer

Reaction score
The screw on my regulator (the one you turn to increase or decrease the PSI) is getting harder and harder to turn. Last night I had to use vice grips to turn it and it was still hard to turn. Anyone ever encountered this or have any ideas what can be done? Maybe I just need a new regulator, can anyone suggest a good brand.

Cheers,
Matt

Its possible the regulator is getting clogged, but two more likely scenarios are that you have beer backed up from a keg and no check valve...OR...have you checked the lock nut to make sure you arent fighting that every time you adjust it?

Warren

Could be the locknut, or may be need some lube. See if you can back it all the way out and look at the threads.

Try to back it out all the way and put some graphite on it. There seem to be a plague of regulators out there with aluminum bodies and steel screws, which is a very bad combination in a damp environment.

Well I backed the screw all the way out and with it came the internal weld. So i ordered a new dual regulator set-up with thumb knobs from micromatic. Hopefully my regulator woes are over.

Back