Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Saaz isn't going to make the cut, right?

Looks like only a couple pounds left... wish I could help, but I'm probably in enough trouble with the 7lbs I'm currently in for.

EDIT: Forgot about the 44... don't mind me. And I'm not even drinking.

For the folks who have HALLERTAU - US if we do not make the 44 pounds do you want the German version instead? It will be cheaper as the US is more expensive.

No we are not close. We can switch US Saaz for Czech Saaz though if folks want to do that.

I have switched Saaz from US to Czech, if you no longer want it please remove it from your order. I will also be updating the US Hallertau to Germany. Same thing applies there.

dbrewski said:
wegz15, I grabbed more simcoe than I need to help close out the second 44lb split. I can spare a pound or two.

I'll take one if you don't need it.

Do you have other hops on this order? If you do I think I can just drop a pound and you can pick it up. PM me.

I'll take one if you don't need it.

I have 2 pounds of simcoe. I could make it with one with no problem. If you are wishing for more than just one pound, let me know and I'll drop one.

I'm not sure of what partaking in this contract entails, but the idea intrigues me.

BCS on draft at Wrigley GI. Somehow I can survive waiting for the wife to get her hair done down the block. Somehow.

So if you shut down at midnight will we have a chance to fill out boxes before dropping or is this pretty much it?

BCS on draft at Wrigley GI. Somehow I can survive waiting for the wife to get her hair done down the block. Somehow.

So if you shut down at midnight will we have a chance to fill out boxes before dropping or is this pretty much it?

i'm closing this at midnight. need to get the ball rolling before hops run out on us again.

spreadsheet updated just now. wont be updated again until buy is closed.

here is where we are as of right now with available splits:

1 CASCADE - US 3 out of 11
2 COLUMBUS - US 5 out of 11
3 GR MAGNUM - Germany 7 out of 11
4 PERLE - US 7 out of 11
5 STYRIAN GOLDING - US 8 out of 11
6 SUMMIT - US 3 out of 11
7 TETTNANG - US 7 out of 11
8 WILLAMETTE - US 5 out of 11

Contract list please!

Added a few more pounds to try and get closer to closing out splits.

I added a bit more as well but we're still a few pounds short on a couple varieties.

Anyone with German Hallertau or Cascade willing to give up a pound of each for me?

Randar said:
I added a bit more as well but we're still a few pounds short on a couple varieties.

Anyone with German Hallertau or Cascade willing to give up a pound of each for me?

Cascade is closed out already? That was quick.

Something to think about for hops contracts. Do we keep the contracts at one 11 lb carton, 44 lb cartons, full bales, 1/2 bales and mini bales per person? This is my preference but as always I'll let the group decide when the time comes.

Something to think about for hops contracts. Do we keep the contracts at one 11 lb carton, 44 lb cartons, full bales, 1/2 bales and mini bales per person? This is my preference but as always I'll let the group decide when the time comes.

Are you talking about the per-person limit? Even buying for myself plus fellow club members, I don't think I'd really need more than 11lbs at a crack.

Randar said:
Are you talking about the per-person limit? Even buying for myself plus fellow club members, I don't think I'd really need more than 11lbs at a crack.

Not limit but order increment. Just throwing ideas out there.

Love to review the T&C docs on it before limiting. I'm personally thinking between 11 and 44 each of both Am and Cit. If we are doing quarterly buys. Its projecting for the year. Any pre-committment pooling is going to be a huge saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back