connecting beer line to ball lock, HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MileHighHops

Reaction score
It appears I'm missing something here. I figured I would just clamp the beer line in similar to what I did with the Co2 line..but the tower I ordered already has this affixed to the end of the line.

ForumRunner_20120919_204306.jpg

ForumRunner_20120919_204410.jpg

Pigskin Pale Ale that desperately wants out of the keg and into my mouth..but of course I can't connect the damn beer line
ForumRunner_20120919_204458.jpg

Well I think you only have two options.
1. Either cut the tip off the hose and clamp to the disconnect. Not recommended if your disconnect is threaded the tubing may not seal properly.
2. Have to wait to drink till you can get the proper hose end to screw onto the disconnect.

The fitting on the end of your hose is for a commercial keg coupler.

Cut it off, and install a swivel nut (Flare fitting)

Your LHBS should be able to hook you up. Take the cut off end with about an inch of hose left on it so you can get the correct barb on the flare fitting. Then just buy the fitting, press on the hose, and clamp it down

Thanks guys! I'll get 'er done today. Now I just need to figure out the best way to drill the tower into my keezer..

Anywhere in the lid is fine. There are no lines in the lid. Watch out for electrical though if there's a light in the lid. It should be easy enough to miss.

Look up a few of the full wood keezer conversions. Many of those guys completely disassembled their lids. You'll be able to see what it looks like inside. Mostly just foam.

Should I use a piece of wood as an anchor under the lid? And if so, what's the best way to attach the wood to the underside of the lid?

Or is it okay to just drill the tower directly into the top of the freezer with no support?

MileHighHops said:
Should I use a piece of wood as an anchor under the lid? And if so, what's the best way to attach the wood to the underside of the lid?

Or is it okay to just drill the tower directly into the top of the freezer with no support?

I would add something for it to anchor to. You aren't gonna be hanging from your tower but the freezer lid isn't exactly solid. Something to stiffen it up will make it feel more professional. When you pull your tap handle you only want the handle moving. If the tower leans its gonna feel spongy and uncool. You don't really need anything extra to fasten the anchor to the underside of the lid. The screws or bolts coming down from the tower and though your anchor plate will do that for you.

Watch out when you open the lid too - If you have tall tap handles on the tower, when you open the lid it's going to swing the tower and handles up and into the wall. Beer shower...:mad:

You guys rock! Because of this forum I will be able to enjoy some homebrew out of my new kegging system for all of the football games this weekend.

Finally, no more bottles!

Back