BM's centennial blonde; dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.00 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 83.3 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 16.7 %
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (45 min) Hops 7.8 IBU
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (20 min) Hops 5.1 IBU
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (10 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (5 min) Hops 1.4 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

I brewed this recipe and was too efficient on the steeping of grains. (I think) the OG was supposed to be 1.044 but I ended up at 1.050. I tend to think that I will be a little under hopped on this batch and would like to dry hop it for a week or two before I keg it. I have only dry hopped once with great results. I have quite a bit of hops that I really need to use up. Which one of these would you suggest I dry hop with? I understand some of these will not work but maybe some will?

Sterling
Crystal
Hallertauer
Northern Brewer
Cascade
Centennial
Willamette

Thanks!

Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.00 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 83.3 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 16.7 %
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (45 min) Hops 7.8 IBU
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (20 min) Hops 5.1 IBU
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (10 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (5 min) Hops 1.4 IBU
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

I brewed this recipe and was too efficient on the steeping of grains. (I think) the OG was supposed to be 1.044 but I ended up at 1.050. I tend to think that I will be a little under hopped on this batch and would like to dry hop it for a week or two before I keg it. I have only dry hopped once with great results. I have quite a bit of hops that I really need to use up. Which one of these would you suggest I dry hop with? I understand some of these will not work but maybe some will?

Sterling
Crystal
Hallertauer
Northern Brewer
Cascade
Centennial
Willamette

Thanks!

Cascade. Definitely.

If you are looking for more balance from dry hopping, you'll probably be disappointed. Dry hopping lends mostly aroma. It won't help the bittering.

If you are going to dry hop, I would go with the Cascade also.

Cascade all the way. Don't dry hop for more than 5-7 days though. Get some vegetal aroma and flavors if you leave them in there for too long...

If you are looking for more balance from dry hopping, you'll probably be disappointed. Dry hopping lends mostly aroma. It won't help the bittering.

If you are going to dry hop, I would go with the Cascade also.

roger that

Latest posts

Back