My RIMS/HERM design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
So as of this morning I thought I had my plans all figured out. Then I read the steam mash threads and might be changing gears. Anyway, please check out my system and give me some critiques.

Thanks

[YOUTUBE=_xQUOhzv_zM]Bourderij Kabouter RIMS/HERMS Brewery[/YOUTUBE]

Basically, I like the look of wood and this will match my future brewery room in my basement. I want direct fire capability and controls neatly organized. The HLT will be electric and temp controlled with a Ranco (on left of control panel). The MLT will be either RIMS or HERMS depending on where the flexible hoses (not shown) are routed. The ball valve on the control panel restricts the pump and a QD is just above the ball valve so I can change hoses there. The two circles on the control panel are manual controls for the burners.

Like I said, I may be reconsidering this in favor of a steam system. But after the design of this one I wanted to see what people thought.

Cheers

So does everyone think this system will work?

I was not sure about the gas line routing... is it dangerous to have a few feet of gas line after the adjustment valve?

Also, this design has about 5 feet of copper tubing at the pump outlet before the valve that it up on my control panel. Those of you with experience, will this make priming my pump difficult? I am figuring that the air will still have a vertical escape path and should be able to purge out of the line but it is not tested.

Any critiques would be good as I am hoping to start collecting my parts within the next month. Please point something out if you see a potential problem.

Thanks

Back