Beer 'MUSTS' to hit in Columbus?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

fuddle
Reaction score
I'll be in Columbus tomorrow. I'm looking for brewpubs or places with a good selection. On tap is nice but bottles welcome too.

Thanks.

We have plenty of craft breweries in the Columbus area. Also a meadery and distillery.

Elevator Brewing Down Town Arena District/on High St.

Barley's Brewing Company Down Town Arena District/on High St.

Columbus Brewing Compamy Down Town South (German Village/Brewery District)

Four Strings Brewing Down Town West OSU campus area

Zauber Brewing
Down Town

Weasel Boy Brewing East of Columbus 35 Miles

Buckeye Lake Brewing East of Columbus 20 Miles

Gordon Biersch Down Town Arena District/off High St.

Brothers Drake Meadery Down Town Arena District/off High St.

Watershed Distillery Down Town Arena District/off High St.

You can park and walk to Elevator, Barley's, Gordon Beirsch, Brothers Drake and Watershead.

If your looking for tap selection.

Bob's Bar
36 craft taps and quite a few bottles. Down Town N. High St.

Bodega Down Town N. High St.
50 craft taps and 100 bottles

World of Beers
Down Town South (German Village/Brewery District)
40 or so taps and over 100 bottles

Your Daily Growler
2812 Fishinger Road, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43221
(614) 656-2337
Mon - Thu: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
60 taps West Side

The Pint Room
100 taps Dublin NW Columbus

If your looking for visiting the most places I would park around the North Market, and walk to as many of the downtown ones you can.

If your looking for big selection I would hit World of Beers or venture out to the west side and hit The Daily Growler and/or The Pint Room

I travel 6 state and as for Cleveland where I spend a lot of time. It has a craft brew seen better than many. But in the last year I believe that Columbus has taken over the lead. I hope this helped, if you have any questions you can PM me, I'll help if I can.

bad67z nailed it.

I prefer Barley's Smokehouse over the Alehouse but that because I love the beef brisket nachos. It isn't close to much else sadly.

Whoa!! Thanks for that list, bad67z. I'm going to c/p that list to thread going on at bartowel. There's a couple of us Canadians heading down to Columbus soon and were wondering what the scene was like.

Thanks again!!

I went to Barleys in the afternoon and had the Imperial Stout followed by the Scottish. liked both. Went to the elevator place and had the nut brown. I was't really hungry when we showed up so that was about all I could partake of. Thanks for the leads.

Hermit, gad to hear you enjoyed yourself in Columbus.

pcollins, I hope you enjoy your visit to Columbus, pm me if you have any questions and I'll do what I can to help.

We also have Ale Fest coming Feb 2nd.

Hey guys. Give me the lowdown on Elevator. How is the food and how is the beer?

The food is excellent, if your going for dinner the Rock Filet or the Rock Surf & Turf is fantastic. My wife's best friend had her rehearsal dinner there, I have shared meals with her family in the past and they expect great food and service, they are New Yorkers. There were around 30 guests 5 selections on the set menu and they nailed it. If your going for lunch the walleye sandwich is very good, but not nearly as good in my opinion as a Canadian white fish from Coleman's (I grew up in Bpt.)

The beers are very tasty and you should be able to find at least a couple that should suit you palate.

Depending on how long your stay will be I would checkout the North Market if you have the time.

Thanks bad67z. Only going to be in for one night so won't have time to hit North Market. Will check it out next time I'm in town. Yeah, Coleman's is still going strong and has not changed a bit in 30 years. Thanks for the help.

The food at Elevator was excellent. Not all that impressed with their ipa. Did have a Columbus brewing company ipa while in town and it was excellent.

Back