What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piem.jpg

you know where you priorities are at when: your beer cost more than your dinner!

Mine did something similar earlier. When I quoted a post, it included a PM I'd written earlier. Weird.

ther's a button for "attach my location" and it literally attached where I was with a push-pin. weird. Oh well. Now I know. This Gueuze is phenomenal! IT's very young still so I'm gonna save the other bottles for at least a year before drinking.

ther's a button for "attach my location" and it literally attached where I was with a push-pin. weird. Oh well. Now I know. This Gueuze is phenomenal! IT's very young still so I'm gonna save the other bottles for at least a year before drinking.

Odd! Least we all knew where you were for a minute!

I've heard Cantillion's insanely good, never had it but I'm going to have to seek some out. I'm sort of a newb when it comes to sours, but man are they good!

Odd! Least we all knew where you were for a minute!

I've heard Cantillion's insanely good, never had it but I'm going to have to seek some out. I'm sort of a newb when it comes to sours, but man are they good!

Remind me in our trade. I'll send you a bottle. I've had some lucky streaks lately and have about 50 too many of these Cantillon bottles. My luck means I should share the wealth.

If I don't share the luck..luck runs out, right? :) :ban:

I've had beer that is insanely good, but then you wake up in the morning and clean up and drink coffee and question your reliability. I love radishes by the way. With a sharp dijon.

Remind me in our trade.

If I don't share the luck..luck runs out, right? :) :ban:

You, my friend, are too cool! I believe in karma too, so I have something sweet I'll throw in too.

First go 'round with the Wookey! I did try a buddy's pretty spot on clone. I'm increasingly impressed with FW the more I try their beers.
HPIM1152.jpg
The Corojo wrapped stog melds really well with the spicy rye and floral/citrus hops. Solid beer for sure and one of my favorite smokes! :mug:

!!!!!!

Nice on! What vintage?

Very new...bottle date is July 14 this year.

It's got a subtle hint of acetic sour that I would probably not want normally, and a pretty complex Brett character with elements of barnyard, sour, and...I dunno what you'd call it. Maybe metallic? It's not exactly that, but something sort of similar. Overall it's pretty enjoyable, but not the best gueuze I've had.

Actually the best gueuze I've had was probably a homebrew that I judged a couple of weeks ago in a competition, that had been entered as a straight lambic (by mistake, I think). It was better than the commercial example we had...which was a Boon Oude Gueuze I think. EDIT: nope that was a Lindemans Cuvee Rene now that I think about it.

Sweet! I've never had this but bought a bottle in San Francisco last month for $18.99 I think. Same beer and yeah, bottled this summer. I always try to wait a full year before opening Lambic. Gold notes! Thanks!

Metallic (copper?) I get that on some sours. Idk why.

Makes me want to open mine.

I figure a gueuze is good to drink right away usually since it's typically blended to taste at the brewery anyway. Not that I am averse to hanging on to a bottle or two. I am more likely to hang on to a straight lambic like the Cantillion Grand Cru, than I am to their gueuze.

weirdboy said:
I figure a gueuze is good to drink right away usually since it's typically blended to taste at the brewery anyway. Not that I am averse to hanging on to a bottle or two. I am more likely to hang on to a straight lambic like the Cantillion Grand Cru, than I am to their gueuze.

I amNOT an expert but I've had Gueuze dating back 21 years and it really improves with age. It's all personal preference. But I try to keep it a while. Although, I doubt it improves after just one year. So fresh mat be better if its that versus one year. Just my preference though.

With gueuze I have a hard time telling whether aging improves it or not. I mean, obviously it changes over time, but I don't have anything against drinking one at any age. It is essentially already aged a few years by the time you get it. My main issue is that I only have limited space to store beers, and I enjoy them way too much to let them hang around so long without cracking them open.

Magic Hat Heart of Darkness. I can't seem to stay away from seasonal variety packs, this one was on sale at my grocery store today for $14. This tastes just like T-can and Bearcats Midnight Wheaton Beatdown, not bad at all.

image-378677402.jpg

Schells Emerald Rye. Glad to have chanced a whole sixer of this. Great stuff. Its titled under specialty grain, and its a lager, but its basically an IPA. Very seasonably fresh, I might add.

Schells Emerald Rye. Glad to have chanced a whole sixer of this. Great stuff. Its titled under specialty grain, and its a lager, but its basically an IPA. Very seasonably fresh, I might add.

I like that one a lot. I got the same thing, it's very hoppy, and I really like the Emerald hops. First thing I thought when I cracked an ER, "I gotta do an IPA with these hops!" Schell's makes some nice beers.

Adam, Weirdboy, I'm inspired.... gonna pick up a Cuvee Rene when I hit the bottle shop in a bit.

I like that one a lot. I got the same thing, it's very hoppy, and I really like the Emerald hops. First thing I thought when I cracked an ER, "I gotta do an IPA with these hops!" Schell's makes some nice beers.

Adam, Weirdboy, I'm inspired.... gonna pick up a Cuvee Rene when I hit the bottle shop in a bit.

Yeah,Ive really liked almost and probably all of Schells beers Ive tried, that one remides me of one of Sierra Nevada's beers sorta. I still have some of the Rauchbier they had(think its retired now) left also which is great.

Was supposed to be in holland to watch my cousin play ball today, weather turned south and missed the game and a subsequent visit to the new holland brewery.

Closest I can get...

image-1880294068.jpg

Stone IPA, the old standby. Soon to be followed by a Hopstoopid. I blew 3 kegs this week (my sons first birthday party was 2 weeks ago) so I'm trying to save the last keg of Centennial Blonde until the pipeline is refreshed (5 gallons fermenting, 10 gallons on deck to be brewed the 27th)

And try not to look at the ghetto electric outlet there, but this beer is very different. I can tast the booze in it at 13.2% (biggest beer I think ive had) but really good. Its worth a try if you see it somewhere.

image-2581555121.jpg

EnjoyGoodBeer said:
And try not to look at the ghetto electric outlet there, but this beer is very different. I can tast the booze in it at 13.2% (biggest beer I think ive had) but really good. Its worth a try if you see it somewhere.

..I can't stop trying to figure out your ghetto electric outlet...

allenH said:
..I can't stop trying to figure out your ghetto electric outlet...

Lol was like that when I bouggt this house, should see the basement. But FHA had no probs with it, sorry about sideways pic to. Now I know not to take it that way.

This help? The plugen is for lights above sink, and the other is for a 6 jack outlet under the cuboards. Stay classy Rockford Illinois. :)

image-1973831755.jpg

image-2298512663.jpg

Latest posts

Back