First brew day. No waiting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernie00

Reaction score
Finally did it. Saturday I brewed my first batch. Used the Cincinnati Pale Ale recipe come Palmer's book.

Overall the brew went really go. Nothing funny or bad to describe.

The whole process took me about 2:30 hours. It took 45 min for the water to get to a boil, didn't expect it to be so long.

I was expecting a crazy hot break and boilover but it never happened.

It's now fermenting slowly at 19.4 Celcius. (67F)

Hope the beer turns as good as the brew day went. Only time will tell. Now it's waiting time... time to take all the stickers off the bottles. !

Ernie

Welcome to the wonderful world of homebrew! You'll soon be as addicted and obsessed as the rest of us!

everything was ready and clean to go from earlier in the day.. so we could say 3 hours :)

It's really tempting to go look at the fermenter every few hours hehe

Congratz on your first batch! You're now entering easily the toughest part of the whole process: the waiting...

I just finished bottling my second batch (a red ale) about 10 days ago, cracked one open to make sure carbonation was occurring (and, to be honest, I was a little impatient and thirsty ;) ), I popped the top and heard that delightful hiss! It was still early in the game, but it tasted great! Much better than my first batch.

Wait until you start your second batch! You'll be surprised at how much easier it goes. Enjoy learning! I sure am! :mug:

only 2h30 ?? Calculate 1h of boil, 1h in the mash tun, plus the time to chill the beer? How did u do that? lol

Welcome to the forum, just started 1 month ago brewing beer and did my first AG on sat and my second one today.

If you need anything I live not too far from you!
Bought lots of hops that just arrive today ;)

P.S I speak french ;)

Back