Yay, my hefeweizen is ready...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tidehouse

Reaction score
...just in time for my birthday! :ban:

Here's what I'm having for breakfast:

Hefeweizen.jpg

Cheers :mug:

Damn you. Nothing is better than a breakfastweizen. I think I'll have one at lunch...I'm still on the first of two kegs of the stuff...

I can't claim any credit for this one, the wl300 did all the work. It has a spicy almost peppery bite with some savory yeasty flavors. The estery/banana is very subtle (maybe because my basement is only at 62F) which is fine with me.

I used
6 lbs Muntons "plain wheat" dme
1lb Briess 2-row pale malt
2/3lb flaked wheat
1oz argentine cascade 60 min
.5 oz argentine cascade 10 min
.5 oz argentine cascade 1 min
WL300 hefeweizen yeast

I might have to go out on a limb and say this is the best i've brewed so far. The yeast really makes this beer more than any other. Might try 1 lb of wheat next time for more head retention but I'm very satisfied. :mug:

Congrats!!!
My Hefe to date has the best head and lacing of any of my brews. Gotta love them!

Congrats!!!
My Hefe to date has the best head and lacing of any of my brews. Gotta love them!

Mine too. Down to only a case of my honey weizen (MWS extract) and it has a beautiful head and the best lacing. I'm really proud of this one. It's going to be really hard to keep any stock on hand for all the people I promised. They may have to settle for only a bottle or two because I'm seriously addicted.

For anyone who is or will be doing this kit, add the honey 30 min into the boil. You won't regret it! That extra kick and aroma really makes this one stand out from a traditional weizen.

Latest posts

Back