Apfelwein to the rescue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been informed that my Mother-In-Law is fighting with her mom. So the wife as asked me to bring a growler of Apfelwein to Thanks giving dinner today to "mellow her out"...

We will see if it works. :D

From what I've read on this site, it should be "smooth sailing" once she's had a couple of glasses! Give them both some apfelwein...:tank:

That side of the fam are not drinkers. One glass of that stuff and the MIL was happy as can be.
All went well and there were no chairs being flung around. Everyone that had some Apfelwein loved it. That sure is a good drink EdWort. :tank:

kinison_fan said:
Just a growler? Take a couple of gallon containers!
I'm not giving that much of it up. lol
Maybe if I had another batch aging I would but I don't. I do have 10 gallons wating to be made and I think I'll do that tomorrow when I'm mashing. :D

FSR402 said:
All went well and there were no chairs being flung around. Everyone that had some Apfelwein loved it. That sure is a good drink EdWort. :tank:

I'm glad you didn't have a Jerry Springer episode and that folks enjoyed it. Now you'll be expected to bring a bottle every time just to keep the peace. :D

EdWort said:
I'm glad you didn't have a Jerry Springer episode and that folks enjoyed it. Now you'll be expected to bring a bottle every time just to keep the peace. :D
I can do that, just will have to make more. And seeing how bad the hops and grains are getting, that may be the way to go.

dump the apfelwein in and park em'next to the wood stove-they'll be asleep in no time and not even remember the fight.....he-he-he

Back