Success!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cossi

Reaction score
Well I cracked open my first bottle of my first batch of homebrew. Austins Creamy Smoked Amber Ale. It is delicious! I gave it 3 weeks to condition, and had one today, and it is very smokey, with a creamy finish, and smooth all the way through. However, I think I may give it a touch more time to let the flavors come together a little more, and let the smoke flavor mellow a touch. I am so excited. As I sit in the garage typing this, and cooking up some American Pale Ale.

Full of win!:rockin::rockin:

Another week or two in the fridge should round it right up. Congrats and Welcome to Our Breakdown. I think your going to feel, Right At Home.......

It sounds like you've learned patience, which is probably the toughest part! I've yet to have a beer that the last pint wasn't the best tasting one, so the longer you can hold off the better you'll be. Of course, you also have to test them along the way, as a purely scientific exercise :). Also sounds like you've got a pipeline starting up, which will help a lot!

If you like smoked, you may like oak, i love it. Glad it turned out how long did you bottle condition? I think i better go get my oakamber,now.

If you like smoked, you may like oak, i love it. Glad it turned out how long did you bottle condition? I think i better go get my oakamber,now.

I wouldn't compare smoked to oak. Unless you smoked with oak wood? Still, I wouldn't make comparisons.

Congrats!!! There are few things more satisfying than knowing you can make beer that you enjoy and can share. Welcome to the obsession, believe it or not, it gets more fun from here out.

I wouldn't compare smoked to oak. Unless you smoked with oak wood? Still, I wouldn't make comparisons.

wasnt comparing the two just the additon of differnt types of tastes to beer.Unlike nut and fruits. It did come off that way but it just popped in my head when i think of smoked i tend to think of a firepit just givin the vision.Maybe sittin around it eatin beans and movin on and to another town and watchin the sun go down. What? ha

It gets even better, a friend came over tonite, to watch me brew the AHS Anniversary Wit, and I gave him the other one I had in the fridge. He loved it! It is one thing if I like MY beer, it is a whole nother thing if others like and want to drink MY beer! w00t!:rockin::ban:

Watch out though, If the word spreads too far, you'll be amazed how many new "friends" you come up with...lol

Well done!
And true about the word spreading, I already have two people lining up for the beer. They turn into my brewday free labor however :D

Back