Wow look making booze is so easy......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdragon82

Reaction score
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/wacky-edibles/e683/

Couple of things.
1) Says it will make up to 14% alcohol content in 2 days (were else can I get that type of yeast:tank:?!?!)
2) Wonder how many people are putting this in their kool-aid
3) The Statement "The Germans call it Federweißer; the Austrians call it Sturm"
a) from what I read this are both Wines just not aged. Could be wrong but I don't see a good wine coming out of this stuff.

Thought I would see what everyone else thinks?:confused:

I guess they are using one of the turbo yeasts, although $10 for 6 packets and a stopper/airlock seems like kind of a good deal if that's the case.

EDIT: nevermind they are 1g (!) packets so not a good deal after all.

Appealing to frat guys everywhere! I would love to see the looks on there faces when they drink this stuff with only 2 days fermentation. That is, unless there yeast truly is "magic"...

it says its sparkling.... how does that work?

So, this is just some champagne yeast that they say to throw in juice with an airlock. Doesn't sound all that different than HBT favorite Apfelwein

I love thinkgeek, but not their best product. I wanna get this for my office, though:

dd60_beer_garden.jpg

Grow Your Own Beer Garden!

Everything you need to grow barley, hops, and wheat. These are the three magic plants that make up BEER! A great family plant activity that ends in adult beverages. Win/win!

Everyone loves the taste of fresh beer - and homebrewing your own drinks is all the rage. Well, why not take it one step further? That's right - not only can you brew your own beer, but now you can grow your own ingredients with the Grow Your Own Beer Garden!

You will find it fun, rewarding, and tasty to grow your own beer making plants. With the Grow Your Own Beer Garden kit, the plants sprout and grow quickly and easily. You'll get the magic three: hops - the flavoring and stability agent of beer; barley - integral in making beer and able to regulate blood sugar levels for up to ten hours after consumption; and wheat - used to aid in fermentation and is the second most produced food in the world. All three of these plants fuse together (like a libationary Voltron) to make great beer! So get a Grow Your Own Beer Garden kit now. The plants you grow today could become the beer you drink tomorrow.

Grow Your Own Beer Garden

Easily grow hops (Humulus lupulus), barley (Hordeum vulgare), and wheat (Triticum spp.).
Great for ages 4 and up (the growing part, not the drinking part).
Includes: Sprouting and Growing Dome, Three Seed Packs (wheat, barley, and hops). Growing Medium, 3 Color Plant Stakes, Natural Gravel, 3 Color Decals, and Instructions/Info Booklet

Latest posts

Back