Yankee Ingenuity VI- Mud season session 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been lazy and rather incomplete with checking the new posts here and now I have already made other plans for this weekend. Oh well, next time.

Kai

There is a slight possibility I won't be able to make it. :rolleyes:

Kappclark: would you be willing to swing by my house on Friday on your way home to grab up the yeast?
I'm pretty sure I'll make it, but I certainly don't want to leave you high and dry.

Bird: do you want that WLP 550 I have started? I can feed it if you want to pitch it Sunday.

From the NWS:
...SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE
OF SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S.

Glib, I'm doing the EuroPils, so I won't be requiring the 550 (although if you wanted to toss a little in a sanitized jar for my brewing NEXT weekend, it would be appreciated...)

Rain or shine. Garage might get a little crowded, but it's got two overhead doors and a side door for ventilation. As long as it isn't terribly windy, we should be able to stay dry. If it isn't raining too hard, I can still grill. Thinking country ribs.

I'll be mashing in by 8:00a.m. I'd say 7:00, but I'll probably need my beauty rest.

Bring whatever you'd like. I'll be supplying the main course (ribs).
Bring some homebrew or micros. I don't have any homebrew (except for a nasty Scottish). I may pick up a few McNeils or something.

I'm feeding the 1056 yeast tonight, and Kappclark is swinging by my house on his way home from work Friday. You should have some pretty happy yeast Sunday morning.
Bird- I'm also sending along that WLP 550 (feeding it tonight too) for your Belgian Experiment. I'm also sending along that three gallon pin-lock for you.
I'll see what I can dig up out of my basement for you to enjoy Sunday. I think I have some of OlllllllllO's Saison and the Alaskan Smoked porter.

same here in homebrew dept .. still need to bottle abt 10 gals ! will save some for the NEXT YI session, which will probably be in downtown Windham VT

Glib, I hope that means that you're not definately out... :(

I'll bring along the other keg and the $$ for Bill to get back to you.

So, Evan, what time DO you want us to show up?

Cool. Right now I'm definately in. I may have an unscheduled event to attend Saturday night. If that is truly the case, I may not be in any shape to brew Sunday.:drunk:

I plan on starting at 8:00. If you get there sooner, open up the garage and get your stuff set up. There is a hose in the front yard, to the left of the door.

Alright, so I'll be up pretty early (probably 8:30ish) and plan to make a couple batches; a spiced pale ale and an American Barleywine/strong ale. Wife and daughter will come up later on.

My wife threw a surprise party for me this evening. Ray Mcneill showed up with 10 growlers. It is unlikely I will be in any shape to brew Sunday. Have fun!

Looks like it's going to be a real nice day. Glib, once the hangover subsides you could always take a nice little drive and just hang out for a while without brewing. I know how pleasant Rt 9 is on a hangover stomach, though!

So, it is over. Weather was nice for most of the morning. Started to rain as everybody but Jester finished up. Then it stopped again as soon as he was done and took a hydro reading.

Left the photography to the pros.

It was a good time, fairly uneventful. With the exception that Jester & Red forgot their computer. Anybody know how to get hold of them?

Back