My favorite beer glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricK The Red

Reaction score
I stole this from a resturant about 8 years ago and it's by far my favorite (I'm a bad bad person). Here it is full of my English Pale Ale:

Keg_019.jpg

Just thought I'd share...

nice...i have some maudite glasses. they look a little different...

my fav is my la fin du monde glass...everything tastes wonderful out of it...it keeps a nice head.

i didn't steal mine, tho ;)

DeathBrewer said:
nice...i have some maudite glasses. they look a little different...

my fav is my la fin du monde glass...everything tastes wonderful out of it...it keeps a nice head.

i didn't steal mine, tho ;)

Hey if you have time post a pic of the "La fin du monde" glass would really like to see it.

Later

It's not my "go to" glass by any means, but it's definitely unique (and over-priced). It's supposed to be the best beer glass ever, but I find it a bit top-heavy and small. (that's what she said)
IMG_0481.jpg

I got two of the Sam Adams glasses from a local bar for cost ($2.50) each. All I did was ask if I could get a couple. Find that works the best. I have gotten at least a dozen glasses for free by just by asking for one.

I bought SWMBO one of those Maudite glasses at xmas. She's got a nice little Belgian glass collection going.

I don't have pictures of mine, but maybe I'll take some and post them later this week.

As far as pint glasses, I have some Sam Adams glasses which fade from frosted white to frosted blue. They're really nice looking -- they were part of some kind of promo deal at a local bar.

I have some nice goblet-style glasses from a local brewpub called Brewer's Art. They're great but they don't hold a pint so I usually use them for sharing (tasting with friends, etc), and sometimes for wine, mead, barleywine, etc.

Ultimately, my favorites are some solid glass mugs that I got at IKEA for $2 each. I think they're these ones. Great mugs, they are big and chunky and solid, highly recommended.

chris.

CallMeZoot said:
Ultimately, my favorites are some solid glass mugs that I got at IKEA for $2 each. I think they're these ones. Great mugs, they are big and chunky and solid, highly recommended.

Trivia: Mjöd (the name of the glass) means mead in Swedish.

/Mattias

I don't have any pics right now, but my favorite tends to change from time to time. First it was a German stein with a lid and a special crest on it, then I was drinking everything out of Pilsner glasses I got for Christmas. This week I'm stuck in a hotel on business so I went and got a few fine ales. I didn't want to drink them out of hotel glasses so I stopped at a dollar store. They had some nice heavy pint glasses for a buck or two each. I bought three and wish I'd bought more.

CurtFlood said:
It's supposed to be the best beer glass ever

for sam adam's boston lager. most breweries have a glass that they claim to highlight their beer's best characteristics, but i'll take a tulip or snifter anytime if i'm taking the beer seriously.

Duvel tulip.
Trois Pistoles goblet.
Chouffe . . . glass.
Miscellaneous curvy pint-pilsner-wheat-everything glass.

And, for the wacky value, we have Pauwel Kwak.

CurtFlood said:
It's not my "go to" glass by any means, but it's definitely unique (and over-priced). It's supposed to be the best beer glass ever, but I find it a bit top-heavy and small. (that's what she said)
IMG_0481.jpg

I bought my brother a set for Christmas.
Liked the idea of them (rim bead, laser etch on bottom) and they seem to do the job.
:mug:

Always good when one of your favorite bands makes a pint glass. This purchase happened when I went on ween.com druck after an all day bbq a few years ago.

7594-IMG_0722.JPG

Filled with a Rogue Blackened Brutal Bitter clone I made a few months back.

My favorite tulip is my duvel tulip. It is heavy and a good size and I love it.

I like my ommegang goblets a lot because they're sort of defective. They lean a little bit and it just seems like they were made by hand.

For when I feel like drinking more, I also have a 1 liter paulaner stein that I drink out of.

I've never really thought about drinking from anything but a standard pint glass. Does the glass really effect head retention or anything, or does it just help it look awesome? I'll have to look into this :)

Liquidicem said:
I've never really thought about drinking from anything but a standard pint glass. Does the glass really effect head retention or anything, or does it just help it look awesome? I'll have to look into this :)
You can't imagine.
I hardly even use a pint any more...except for mixed drinks. The thin glass at the top of some of the more "Wine like" ware makes for a world of difference in your brew. It changes the way the aroma reaches your nose, as well as some sort of magical mental...thing...that makes you think..."HAY This is the Really Good Stuff that I MADE" Ya, It's pretty important. Because of this, I would hope to NEVER drink from a bottle again.

jvh261 said:
Always good when one of your favorite bands makes a pint glass. This purchase happened when I went on ween.com druck after an all day bbq a few years ago.

7594-IMG_0722.JPG

Filled with a Rogue Blackened Brutal Bitter clone I made a few months back.

Nice glass and great band. :mug:

I got a little buzzed last night taking these

First 2 ESB about 2 months in the bottle. Anyone know what the SQHM over 0,5l means?

Third and forth are of the doublebock I brewed last summer .

ESB.jpg

ESB2.jpg

doublebock.jpg

doublebock1.jpg

Here are some pics of my collection. These are my logo glasses. I also have about 12 20oz nonicks and a couple stiens.

P1010022.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010028.jpg

DeathBrewer said:
John's Grocery has some good stuff...it's where i ordered many of my glasses, including my Piraat:

they ship beer, too :) I've ordered from them many times when i'm visiting family in Iowa.

Awesome...I'm less than 30 minutes from Dirty John's. They have so many glasses that they have to store them in a house across the street. Awesome place for random beers.

Here's my latest beer glass acquisition:

westmalle_dubbel.jpg

Here is my favorite. I'm a bit obsessed with Hobgoblin and I found this on eBay. While it looks like a coffee mug, I guarantee it holds a lot of beer.
2365458350_1152e43b2d_o.jpg

No pic, but I received as a gift two schott zwiesel Titanium goblets. they are tits.

They have titanium in them, and are extreemly durrable, and I like a goblet better than a pilsner style. Seems like that is the general fav.

Just a tip for you folks, especially EriK the Red. I notice the little one in your avatar...

Hope you aren't TOO attached to that fine piece of glassware. ;)

I have lost about a 1/2 dozen nice glasses in the last few months do to curious hands (infant), and rampaging toddler!

I am building a storage shelf in the basement next to the kegerator to keep the remainders. Unfortunately many of the breakages occured with beer in the glass :(

Another tip for getting cool glassware cheap. Thrift stores and garage sales. I have even found some nice ones free at the recycling center in the "swap shop".

dsc00566rd0.jpg

I've got Guinness, Captain Lawrence Breing Co., Dogfish Head, Duvel, a Dogfish Head snifter, and my Samuel Smith pint is in the dishwasher.

dsc00567ua5.jpg

This is a more misc glass section, I've got a few different kinds of wine glasses, some tumblers, and some double walled glasses.

dsc00568ll7.jpg

These are my misc pils & other tall glasses. (And that tulip pils at the end.)

Yeah...I like glasses...=)

Back