Portable Bar Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funblock

Reaction score
I have an idea for a portable bar but I don't want to spend the money on a stainless steel coil or cold plate. I also want to make something that is more attractive than a jockey box. The plan is to make a simple table using folding legs that are bar height. I will build a tower like box in the center of the table that opens up through the table top. To keep it light, but look nice I am planning on attaching Velcro around the edges which I will attach fabric too when setting it up. I will just take one or two tall trash cans, put the kegs in and put ice around the kegs. I will take my 5 lb. Co2 tank for dispensing. Am I missing anything here. I can't think of any problems with this idea, but would like a few opinions before I go further with this plan.

Where are you planning on using this? Inside/outside/climate? Depending on how hot it will be, you might want to think about how to insulate it and also how to deal with the trash cans sweating in the heat (more of an indoor problem). You don't want to leave a puddle of water behind and you don't want to have to deal with adding ice once it's set up.

is this an idea for tailgating or is it for a resturant or something? this will require quite a bit of assembly after transport it sounds.

This would be for parties at friends and customers. It should only take about 15 minutes to set up. I have bar height folding legs already. Being in the commercial fixture and furniture manufacturing business it is easy to design and build projects like this. My main concern is balancing the Co2 pressure and keeping the beer lines cold to reduce foaming.

I too am looking for semi portable kegarator ideas. I am looking for a bar station that I can roll my kegerator into with 2 tower tap in place. A spot underneath on RH side for glasses and an igloo cooler for ice and wine etc. Whole thing would need to be on casters to get it out of the FL rain. Anyone got pics to share?

70l igloo roller esky

image-917298891.jpg

image-3179242740.jpg

Trash cans go through a LOT of ice so if you are planning on serving for more then just a couple hours you will need something that will hold ice. I built these for 3 gallon kegs but then later made foam rings for the lids, they hold ice for 2 days when it's warm and up to 4 days when the weather is cool.

1D8ED370.jpg

Back