flavors for new batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use fresh ginger for my secondary fermentation. Before I pour the primary ferment into flip-top 1-liter glass bottles, I add about 3 or 4 oz of juice (pomegranate or acai) and ginger pressed in my heavy-duty metal garlic press in each 1-liter bottle. For each liter I use about three 1/2" chunks of freshly peeled ginger root. I've tried crystallized ginger too and it works pretty well. That sits at room temperature for about 4 days before I strain it as I pour into small 12-13 oz bottles. Those smaller bottles sit out another 2-3 days before I refrigerate.

ok! thank you! I'm new to kombucha, but i kinda like experimenting with different fruits, herbs and flavors. :)

I pulled off the SCOBY after 1 week and dropped in a few squashed strawberries and blueberries. After another week, it had an amazing flavor.

I have not tried ginger and peach, but I too always use a slice of ginger in my second ferment. I really love the flavor. Lately I've been doing ginger, elderberry and gogi berry, it's my favorite so far.

I tried making an absinthe kombucha, it failed, far too bitter, maybe I used too much wormwood.

I tried making a gruit kombucha, with sweet gale, yarrow, and wild rosemary, that is somewhat a success.

I tried making some with raspberry leaf, nettle, and spruce needle, that is actually not too bad.

Back