New brewer in central MA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amellors

Reaction score
hey all-

Just found out there was a homebrew store 5 min from my house about 2 weeks ago and I already have my first brew bubbling away, well not bubbling as much anymore as I brewed it last saturday.

Been reading tons of posts & already cannot wait to get even more batches going!

Welcome home! You'll find a wealth of knowledge here and a friendly community. I have to say I'm jealous that you live 5 mins from your LHBS. Although I still have it better than most, I have to drive about 25 minutes to get to mine. It's actually probably better on my wallet that it's not 5 mins away actually:cross:. So what style did you make for your first brew?

Just a basic American Amber, its based off Sam Adams I believe.. Just a simple extract brew to get my feet wet, but I'm already addicted.

Already begun thinking about a fermentation chamber as my wife & my bedroom doesn't make for a good place to ferment!

Greetings from Springfield! You may want to throw that fermenting brew in the closet to keep it out of the light. Glad youre addicted already, it only gets worse! :mug:

Got 2 sheets wrapped around it! Plus i only just in a glass carboy 4 days ago after it seemed like it was done with primary fermentation..

Checked the SG and it was pretty much on target with what the kit/recipe I am using said it should be.

You might want to give your beers at least 10 days in primary. Even though it may have been done fermenting that added time gives the yeast a chance to do a little clean up. Either way I'm sure it will turn out great. And it definitely is addicting. It seems like the more you learn the more it pulls you in.:mug:

Back