Anyone recommend a reverse osmosis system for water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I need to replace my RO drinking water system so I can start doing some brewing w/o having to go to the store and buy water for every small batch. Anyone have an opinion on a RO system you like or one I should avoid?

Thanks

I got a system from an Ebay seller for 39 bucks. I added a boost pump due to low well pressure and have been very very happy with it so far. The vendor was Purewaterclub.com and ships quickly from the US (Cali) and has a nice little 150 gallon a day system that is perfect for a small brew tower. I added a small surge tank and the boost pump to really complete the installation on my brew sculpture. Hope this helps.
Wheelchair Bob

RO is always recommended because u have a clean slate to work with when it comes to water u just have know what u want to put In ur water just to build certain flavor profile for ur malt and what will help ur eff when lautering

I just installed this system yesterday in my home.
http://www.reverseosmosis.com/products/Pro-Series-6%2dStage-Reverse-Osmosis-UV-System.html

I added the permeate pump to it. Suppose to make it fill faster but I really don't know for sure.
Seems to fill about a gallon an hour. It has the Dow membrane which is suppose to be the best.
But I am not an expert. Just tired of going to the store every week to fill my water jugs. I am on well water and it is not very drinkable.

The filters are suppose to last a year and it was a pretty heavy duty unit. Seems more industrial that the ones they are selling at home depot or Lowes.

I bought one back in March (or maybe April). It was this one: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-4-stage-economy-system.html

I didn't need a storage tank so I bought it just "as is". I'm very happy with it, and it's pretty fast. The waste water amount seems reasonable.

Actually, the one in the link isn't correct! That's the one I bought, but I got it without DI so it was just a bit cheaper. I only wanted RO and not the DI part.

I bought one back in March (or maybe April). It was this one: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-4-stage-economy-system.html

I didn't need a storage tank so I bought it just "as is". I'm very happy with it, and it's pretty fast. The waste water amount seems reasonable.

Actually, the one in the link isn't correct! That's the one I bought, but I got it without DI so it was just a bit cheaper. I only wanted RO and not the DI part.
I like the looks of this one. It appears that it is now the same price with or without the DI. Is there any reason I do not want the DI? I am trying to deal with an iron issue if that makes any difference.

Latest posts

Back