Can you buy an electric brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwshotwell

Reaction score
Ok, at risk of being thrown off of here for not being an aspiring Henry Ford... the idea of building an entire system from the ground up scares the crap out of me. I am not a do it myselfer, and I have the mechanical skills of a chimp - I might as well not have opposable thumbs.

I like to cook, but I'd never build my own stove. I am learning to brew and I know I'm going to want to move away from the stove sooner than later, and my basement screams for a brewery (that's why I want electric).

So what do you do if you want to be able to buy, say, a single vessel, electric, brew-in-bag system?

You have a few options as I see it, but I think if you want BIAB as far as i know there is one common comercial product. More beer sells the Braumeister Electric All-Grain Brewing Systems

There are a few places you can buy Control panels
Kal's Electric brewery
Electric Brewery Control Panel

Brewmation
Electric Brewery and automated solutions for home brewing.

Highgravity brewing
EBC II with Infinite Power Control - High Gravity

Electrobrewer - Manufacturer of electric microbrewery beer brewing equipment, pilot beer brewing system, nano beer brewing system, high end home brewing.

There is also some guys who sell a three tier electric brewing system made from a three vessel NFS stainless steel sink...but i forget what its called. but its really cool.

Has anyone purchased any of these or another electric setup? I was hoping to make a purchase and was looking to spend less then 2000 for a 5-10 gallon batches.

I have the high gravity set up and like it a lot. However, I think in the near future I'm going to make an all electric system myself. There are a lot of great wiring plans on this board that are easy to follow.

Scratch the high gravity control panel, it burned up on me on Saturday. Big spark and burnt plastic, it scared the living beegesus out of me.

So what do you do if you want to be able to buy, say, a single vessel, electric, brew-in-bag system?
I have less than $300.00 in my 11 gallon pot (5 gal batch) eBIAB setup with PID controller.

You can build it, it isn't hard at all. There is enough information on this site to guide you through every step of the process. I had no clue about electric brewing 6 weeks ago, now I have built my own setup.

If you want to do 10 gallon batches, you can buy a 60qt aluminum pot and basket for what I have in my 44qt SS pot (plus the aluminum will be a heck of a lot easier for you to drill)

Scratch the high gravity control panel, it burned up on me on Saturday. Big spark and burnt plastic, it scared the living beegesus out of me.

Yikes! Any more detail you can provide? Any way to tell afterward where it shorted (assuming that's what happened)?

I opened up the control panel on Saturday and could not find any obvious burn marks on the inside, so I thought it was the ronco thermastat, but that's working fine. After I closed the panel up, I tried using it again, but it started "crackling" and not heating water. I turned off again and just walked away. I will try and break it open again to see what happened...

Side note I really like the plans here, that P-J draws, so I'm just going to start from scratch make one that I understand how it works.

Cheers!

Back