e-bay confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecreek

Reaction score
I need help figuring out what just happened. I bought two 20# co2 tanks last week, paid for them immediatly via paypal. This was a buy it now or make an offer deal. I made an offer and got turned down so I did the buy it now. Paypal pops up so I pay immediatly, figuring I have bought the tanks. Today I go to my e-bay and see a reminder to pay for an item, when I click on it it brings uo the two 20# tanks and says my account has been refunde the purchase price. I figure wtf and start looking and my ebay has a message that I turned down the counter offer which I did not. It also shows that I won the auction for the tanks. I am confused anyone know whats happening?

found a note from seller in my paypal account that said he could not ship the tanks because the shippers said they were hazardous. I call b.s. as I recieved a 5# tank in the mail 2 days ago.

If you got a refund, all's well. Sure, you got dinked out of the tanks....but at least the $$ came back.

I agree, but I'd still let Ebay know. They have sanctions for people who "sell" things and then back out. If it's a one time thing for him, then that's ok. But maybe he's done something like this before, so Ebay has to be informed.

I agree, but I'd still let Ebay know. They have sanctions for people who "sell" things and then back out. If it's a one time thing for him, then that's ok. But maybe he's done something like this before, so Ebay has to be informed.

Yeah I agree, but I'd clarify with the seller how he tried to ship those tanks. Some shippers may say no because of perceived danger.

I think technically shippers want the valve removed so there's absolute certainty that there is no pressure. It's not a big deal, but it might be more work than the seller was willing to go through. Yes, I'd make Ebay aware that you used buy it now and the seller reneged on the deal.

I recived an e-mail from him this morning asking for my phone number. I will give him a chance to talk this through before I trash him on e-bay.

You cannot ship a co2 tank if it has co2 in it. You don't need to take off the valve. You just have to ship them empty. We do it all of the time.

Forrest

Well he called and claimed no one would let him ship. He called and tried so I guess I will leave it alone, still pisses me off though.

Well he called and claimed no one would let him ship. He called and tried so I guess I will leave it alone, still pisses me off though.

Obviously he is doing something wrong.:drunk:
Probably better off not doing business with him.

What is everyones opinion on his review on e-bay. Is the responsible thing to do give him a bad mark or let it go because he did refund and make an effort? So far his track record is perfect.

What is everyones opinion on his review on e-bay. Is the responsible thing to do give him a bad mark or let it go because he did refund and make an effort? So far his track record is perfect.

You probably should just drop it. There are plenty of other people who will ship to you with no issues. On the same note, if he continues to offer CO2 tanks on his listings after this, then you might suggest he specify that he will not ship.

You cannot ship a co2 tank if it has co2 in it. You don't need to take off the valve. You just have to ship them empty. We do it all of the time.

Forrest

:ban:Threadjack: :ban:
Austin Homebrew Supply Rocks!

Sorry, but saw Forrest had posted and remembered this thread:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f29/forrest-austin-homebrew-supply-42641/

(Okay, maybe I'm a shameless kiss-ass. I prefer to call myself a happy customer. Especially happy now that they changed the hospital server security settings so as to allow me to hang out here on HBT! :D)

Oh, and it sounds like the ebay seller isn't malicious, just incompetent. At least he didn't try to keep your dough. I'd say let sleeping dogs lie.

why does any shipper care what's in the box? is the dude slapping a priority mail sticker on the side of the tank and dropping it in the mailbox?

"metal container" on the label and nobody cares. If he puts 'CO2' on it, then he has a problem.

B

Back