Any recommendations for faucet type/model to use for kegging seltzer water or soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SWMBO wants me to start kegging seltzer water and possibly soda and I would like to know if there is a special style of tap faucet used in a keezer that will give good results. I was thinking of trying Perlick 575ss used more for creamier stouts and porters but since I have never used a Perlick faucet I thought I better ask first before buying.

Also, I will be ordering these faucets online since there is no LBS in my area and I would like to hear any recommendations people might have for online vendors that carry these faucets.

Cheers...

SWMBO wants me to start kegging seltzer water and possibly soda and I would like to know if there is a special style of tap faucet used in a keezer that will give good results. I was thinking of trying Perlick 575ss used more for creamier stouts and porters but since I have never used a Perlick faucet I thought I better ask first before buying.

Also, I will be ordering these faucets online since there is no LBS in my area and I would like to hear any recommendations people might have for online vendors that carry these faucets.

Cheers...

The 575's are creamer faucets that whip air into the beer when the faucet handle is pushed back to get a creamier head. I don't think you'd want that for seltzer. Maybe for soda, though. I would think standard 525's would work just fine for both applications.

If it's just going to be seltzer a standard faucet is fine, but with sticky soda I would use a 525 perlick so it doesn't get stuck. Also the shank and faucet should both be stainless with soda.

I use a standard faucet for both seltzer water and pre-mixed Bacardi and Coke. For the seltzer, the faucet makes no difference. For the mixed drink, I pulll at least one a night so have had no issues other than the acid Coke slowly removing the chrome from the inside of the faucet. :p

Latest posts

Back