Name Your Micro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3PegBrew

Reaction score
I thought I'd get a nice thread going about favorite microbrews.
So.....Let's have it! :ban:

Best microbrew? My personal favorite is Founders. Every Style they have attempted is phenominal.

Troegs (especially Nugget Nectar) Can't wait for February because I am buying a keg of this stuff this year! I passed this spring but ended up buying 2 cases of it anyhow...

Odell's is by far my favorite. I discovered it right when i moved to Fort Collins and now its really the only store bought beer i get. Their IPA and Bourbon Barrel Stout are amazing.

Chromados

Odell's is by far my favorite. I discovered it right when i moved to Fort Collins and now its really the only store bought beer i get. Their IPA and Bourbon Barrel Stout are amazing.

Chromados

I've heard good things about that one:mug:

Wow that's a difficult question.

It would have to be Sierra Nevada, Great Divide, Smuttynose or Victory.

Sierra Nevada just has a great all around line up and more than likely will make up the bulk of my everyday beers. How can you go wrong with any of their beers and Torpedo is an underrated IPA in my opinion and the Holidays just wouldn't be the Holidays without Celebration.

Great Divide just makes great beers like the Yeti's (perhaps my favorite RIS), St. Bridget's Robust Porter and HOSS

Smuttynose may make my favorite pale ale, Shoals Pale Ale, man I drank a lot of that this summer. Their Robust Porter is great and they make one of the better normal Pumpkin beers. Their Imperial Stout is quite good as well.

Victory makes what is perhaps my current favorite everyday IPA, HopDevil, been drinking a bunch of that this summer as well. If it came down to it and were forced to choose I might have to go with Sierra Nevada just because I like pretty much every beer they make.

I'm going to do a search for Terrapin and see where I can pick some up (if there's any in Illinois) :mug:

On this coast, I'll go Alesmith and Russian River.

Out beyond my normal reach, I'll go New Glarus and probably Bell's or Founders.

Terrapin, really? I live in Athens, GA, go to their brewery tours all the time, so I can say I def. like it, but it is really your fav. micro brew? I guess I better say Left Hand is my fav., b/c Terrapin has been stealing their ideas lately!!

But seriously, Heavy Seas and Highland are my favs right now, just behind my homebrew.

Terrapin, really? I live in Athens, GA, go to their brewery tours all the time, so I can say I def. like it, but it is really your fav. micro brew? I guess I better say Left Hand is my fav., b/c Terrapin has been stealing their ideas lately!!

But seriously, Heavy Seas and Highland are my favs right now, just behind my homebrew.
Terrapin, definitely. I live in Athens myself...and have found their Rye Pale Ale and Coffee Oatmeal Stout (ex Wake 'n Bake) to be exquisite!

The Left Hand Milk Stout is truly amazing, and Sierra Nevada makes a ton of great (and affordable!) beers. I've been getting really into Peace Tree lately, but I'm not sure they distribute nationally (yet).

A bit of a tease since it's not available to most folks outside of PA and NJ, but I gotta give a shout-out to Philly Brewing Co. Their Kenzinger is probably the best "lawnmower" beer that I've had and the Walt Wit and Rowhouse Red are top notch Belgian inspired brews.

Chromados

This used to be mine and then I discovered Surly Furious. Best IPA I've had and their IIPA Abrasive is excellent as well.

I really like Southern Tier...suppose it's my first choice...it's really hard to pick just one but they're consistent in that I like multiple beers. JK Scrumpy if I had to pick a cidery :p

I love DFH, but since I can't get them here regularly, I am going to say my favorite so far is Tommyknocker. I find that most of the beers are pretty damn good. Not a fan of the Tundra Beary Ale though.

I'm surprised I didn't see many (if any) Dogfish Head mentions on here. I don't think they're the greatest in the world though they're in my top 5, but they have a vast collection of some seriously remarkable and delicious beer: 90 Minute, Midas Touch, Theobroma, Black & Blue, Aprihop, the list goes on and on.

That being said, I think (one of) my personal favorites would be another vote for Founders. Every single one of their beers I've tried has left me nothing short of amazed.

In my top 3 if not #1. What exactly have they stolen from left hand, that is a pretty big claim.

One of my favourites is Picaroons out of Fredericton, New Brunswick. They dont like to follow the rules and i love that. They make incredible beer

I also really like Flying Monkeys out of Barrie, Ontario. They are pretty new and only have a few beers right now, but their latest, Hoptical Illusion is pretty fantastic

I also really like Garrison from Halifax, Nova Scotia. A bunch more fantastic beers. try their S.O.B if you get a chance

We really needed some Canadian micros on here!!!

I suggest Admin makes a "Slap" button....for anyone who praises Coors, Miller, or Bud....or any crappy beer that is piss water.:mug:

I would have to say Sierra Nevada or Founders. They are the only two breweries I can honestly say that I like every beer they make...that I have tried so far. Love the "house flavor" of Sierra Nevada. Red's Rye from Founders is my absolute favorite beer and Dirty Bastard is right there.

Back