PID wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic942

Reaction score
Somebody please help, I have my EHERMS control panel completely wired, except for the RTDs.
I know that on my PID, terminals 8,9,10 are for the RTD. I have 3 wire RTDs with a red, white and black wire. Best I can tell the white is common and goes on terminal 8. That is as far as I can get.
All the articles I can find talk about 3 wire RTDs having 2 reds. I'm lost.
Help!!

Tells us more about your PIDs and RTD's - who made them, what model, etc. Have you called/contacted the seller(s)?

image-338688556.jpg

Thanks so much for your help. The link you posted got me pointed in the right direction, but still doesnt really solve my problem. It did narrow down my target area though. The PT 100 RTDs that I got (sourced from Brewer's Hardware) have 3 different colored wires. Everything I can find says they should have 2 similar colored wires and one different color wire.
I have contacted the supplier for clarification.

However thanks to all the other very helpful information I found out that the TA4 Mypin PIDs do not have a manual mode, and therefore will not work for my BK....off i go to buy a new one :mad:

Check the wires on your RTDs with an ohmmeter. Two of the wires should be a dead short--no (or very low) resistance; those would go to terminals 8 and 9 and the remaining wire would go to terminal 7.

Ok, I finally got a reply from my RTD supplier...

"These are 2-wire RTDs The sensor is on the black and white wires, the red is unused. At your PID, you can jump the black wire across both red terminals."

How does this affect how I wire now?

Back