DIY Free Driptray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So my brewing partner works at a airplane engineering place and was able to get some scrap metal and we needed a drip tray for the kegerator, so we did some ghetto fab work and made one so I figured Id post the results of our free drip tray. Sorry there isnt any production pictures as we didnt take any

So here is some of the same scrap metal (left over)

2012-03-11_11_43_43.jpg

We basically cut it into a box and folded up the sides, then we epoxied the corners to make it water tight. We had a small problem because we wanted it to go up to the tower to had to make a step in it to account for the height of the base of the tower. Its made out of thin metal that we were able to use a corner and a hammer to bend the shape (could use hands to bend and then pounded with hammer to get better corners). Then we found some grated metal to use as the top, its bent into an upside down box so it supports itself. Came out pretty good for a free drip tray. Here is the result

2012-03-11_11_44_07.jpg

And here is the tower with/without the drip tray

Without:
2012-03-11_11_44_18.jpg

With:
2012-03-11_11_44_26.jpg

Yes that is a 3" toilet flange for the base of the tower, made the tower myself out of pvc and other tubing

Free is great and its got more personality than store bought (not that anything is wrong with store bought) but I get a lot more appreciation and satisfaction building something myself

I know what ya mean. I try to spend money on the tools I need to build stuff instead of just buying stuff. Definitely more satisfying.

Back