Lets all drop the SWMBO.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boswell

Reaction score
It's corny and boring, honestly, and I think it's a little derogatory don't you think? I love a 'go make me a sandwich' joke every once and awhile, but I've found that all of the homebrew forums call our ladies SWMBO, it's too much. Let's all agree on SLF 'special lady friend'

bl-dude.jpeg

I don't tell her I brew beer, I only do it when she's having her sex in the city viewing parties and drinking cosmos after shopping for shoes and taking care of my son while making me a sandwich and drawing me an epsom salt foot bath.

I'm so over that one, and the relax don't....., makes me want to vomit. The stock answer for every question asked here.

_

Agree totally on the SWMBO and RDWHAHB. F*cking stupid. And played out.

Sorry, Charlie.

This thread is great. Also never used either one but it does get old. When I first got on this forum I had to google each one to figure out what people where saying.

I'm sure my GF would agree with this. Whenever I feel like irritating her (which is often) I'll refer to her as "The Boss". She hates it. Says it makes her feel like I'm saying that she runs my life and restricts my activities and such. Which isn't the case at all, that's why she's so awesome. But when she complains about that one, I'll start calling her the queen, which bothers her more. Then I'll end up at SWMBO. Her response is typically to go back to The Boss. She really hates SWMBO.

But yeah, I work with acronyms all day at work. An industry largely embraced by former military types. They get old. I really hate being part of a conversation with people I don't typically work with and hear a new acronym, then spend too much time trying to remember what it means, and miss too much of the conversation at hand to keep up. Not so much of a concern here, but I still don't like dealing with them.

Down with SWMBO!!!

Down with SWMBO, indeed!

I was going to say "don't get me started" but... you got me started.

It rankles me the same as the expression, "The wife."

The other thing I think of when I read or hear the expression is that those who use it are in some kind of an odd relationship where they can't go buy and ounce of hops without permission from "The wife".

There. I said it. It's offensive to women and it's offensive to those who use it.

Back