Stone Enjoy by 2/15/13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ailstock

Reaction score
Seeing as how the next Stone Enjoy by IPA is going to be in Oregon, I am planning on picking up at least half a case, or a case. Going to try to pickup as much as possible. It is said to be in stores on the 15th of this month.
But I'd like to get it for trade if people are wanting to trade for it.
I'm mostly looking for Heady Topper, anything FFF, and any other great IPA's/IIPA's I can't get in Oregon. :ban:

if you are def able to get a bottle, are you able to get maine lunch??.. thats a amazing IPA here in NY.. id be willing to trade with you

Where did they release this information??

H20, The 12 21 12 just came to NY! well brooklyn and NYC atleast.

Great stuff i have to say. A for sure "hype" item but its another well done IPA from stone.

What is this talk? I happen to live in Oregon. When I hear limited quantity beer my first response is to ask how many cases I can buy.

Stone Brewing Co. gets credit for innovation in promoting craft beers in creative ways and their latest success has been the "Enjoy by" IPA's with only a 35 day shelf life have received great reviews and brisk sales. Oregon will get it's first taste of the new Double IPA with the release of "Enjoy by 2/15/13" on 1/15/13.

http://www.newschoolbeer.com/2012/12/stone-enjoy-by-ipa-coming-to-oregon.html

Stone Brewing Co. gets credit for innovation in promoting craft beers in creative ways and their latest success has been the "Enjoy by" IPA's with only a 35 day shelf life have received great reviews and brisk sales. Oregon will get it's first taste of the new Double IPA with the release of "Enjoy by 2/15/13" on 1/15/13.

http://www.newschoolbeer.com/2012/12/stone-enjoy-by-ipa-coming-to-oregon.html

They also get props for putting what is essentially a born-on date on their beers, something all breweries should be doing. Nothing more disappointing than an old IPA.

This is an interesting campaign, if what I read is correct, they force stores and bars to dump their stocks on 2.15.13 if they have any left, with no refunds.

I can get you FFF. I am in Chicago.
What are you looking to get? Zombie Dust? Alpha King? Robert the Bruce?
Let me know and it yours.
I am looking to get a 6 pack.

Not going to take the OPs trade, but if it doesn't work out, let me know ASAP and I will do a trade for Zombie dust.

If you're closer to the east coast, this version is coming to Virginia as well, and I'll be up for trading.

usfmikeb said:
If you're closer to the east coast, this version is coming to Virginia as well, and I'll be up for trading.

I'm in Virginia, so that's good news for me! Unfortunately, it'll most likely have a 1 or 2 bottle limit.

I get angry at 1 bottle limits. For something like this, I'm not too angry, cause I'm not going to age it, but for all the stuff for aging, I like to buy two, one to drink young, and one to age for a year or more.

theveganbrewer said:
I get angry at 1 bottle limits. For something like this, I'm not too angry, cause I'm not going to age it, but for all the stuff for aging, I like to buy two, one to drink young, and one to age for a year or more.

I usually ask my gf, or someone else to get a bottle for me when there are limits. I can see it as a postive, and negative thing.

Some notes on the beer from the creator:

First, the brew was mash-hopped with Calypso, a beautiful fruity hop that we also used in our Stone 16th Anniversary IPA, after which we kettle-hopped with a very small dose of Super Galena hop extract for bittering. Then, using a technique known in homebrew circles as “hop bursting,” we loaded up very heavily on the flavor hops at the end of the boil and in the whirlpool. Simcoe, Delta, Target and Amarillo were used in the late kettle hop. Motueka, Citra, and Cascade were used for the whirlpool hop. As you can clearly tell, this beer was super hoppy even before we dry-hopped it, but then we went for it…dry-hopping with one pound per barrel EACH of New Zealand Nelson Sauvin and Australian Galaxy. Drink extra-super-dank-and-tasty Stone Enjoy By 02.15.13 IPA well before its 35-day shelf life to maximize the pungent glory that this beautiful, intense hop profile provides.

And a note, 2/15/13 will be shipping to 8 markets on Tuesday, use the map at http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/ to see which stores in your neighborhood will carry it.

Found a bottle of the stuff last night and have it a try. Wow, it is absolutely packed with hops. It's a little overwhelming for me, a DIPA lover. It's fantastic in it's own way, but I was getting nauseous towards the end of the bomber.

Picking up 6 bottles of it tomorrow, va finally got it and I'm stoked. They used the hop bursting method on this beer with flavor hops so I'm betting its like a big hop juice, I will be dreaming about it tonight!

brewtus72 said:
Picking up 6 bottles of it tomorrow, va finally got it and I'm stoked. They used the hop bursting method on this beer with flavor hops so I'm betting its like a big hop juice, I will be dreaming about it tonight!

Lucky! I'm limited to 1 bottle.

For anyone in the Portland area, Johns market doesn't have a limit. I picked up 6 there.

Wow, there are a lot of people that shop at John's on here, lol. Who knows at John's, I probably asked a customer, they don't have uniforms on or anything, I only know the older guy there.

I drove into VA and bought a couple bottles this morning & left them in my trunk at about 50 through the day, 2 hours in the fridge and I cracked the first. The aroma was all pine at first, then my first sip was almost all onion. After that the only thing I could pick up was onion. I've read the oniony description before, and I feel like that sounds bad, but grapefruit sounded bad to me until I experienced it. It tastes a lot better to me than that sounds. Reading the post about the hopping schedule I don't recognize most of the flavors, not sure if it is my palate or if there are just too many hops for me to recognize them individually, but overall it's pretty. I like how dry it is. People describe west coast IPAs as dry hop bombs, but I've found just about every IPA I drink from west coast breweries to have a lot of residual sweetness and crystal character. Ruination, Maximus, Sculpin, Torpedo, all delicious, but sweeter than I expected. This is what I expected from a west coast IPA. I do have one more bottle, and I need to swing by the LHBS tomorrow, while delicious I'm pretty sure I'm going to bring it to share with the employees, it isn't a terrible drive to the neighboring states that have it but I'd guess a few of them haven't tried it.

What I pickup most is the "dankyness" from the galaxy hops. To me it overrides all the other hops in the beer.

Back