Kegging on the move...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daRakers

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm new to kegging, but so far the lack of trying to bottle 50 some odd bottles has been near heavenly.

Here's my question though. Now that my brew is sitting happily in my kegs in my basement, I have no real transport ability for them. I know if I'm going to a friends house or something I can throw some in a growler, but what about more prolonged?

I'm going on a camping trip for a week in May. Any suggestions on how I can easily bring my kegs with me? I'd have to bring along the CO2 for dispensing / keeping the pressure, I would presume. Maybe get a couple cheap picnic taps for the ends, get some new lines for the beer and attach them?

Or would I be better off trying to bottle off the keg? Never done that before.

Just looking to see if anyone has any suggestions on this.

Here are a few options for bottling off of kegs and for transporting kegs as well. They're all good starting points to give you an idea of whats out there and what might work best for you.

Courtesy of BierMuncher: no-stinking-beer-gun

An adapter for bottling straight out of Perlick faucets: Bowie Bottler

And an idea for traveling with 2.5-3 gallon kegs: igloo kegerator

Back