What beers to serve on nitro?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumke

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just about there on the pieces for my nitro tap, so I want to brew something to put on there. Any suggestions (aside from guinness...commercial or homebrew recipe)?

i've had a mojo from the boulder brewing company on nitro... it made the flavor profile of an IPA i love, completetly different. and i loved every sip of it!

I've had Belhaven Scotch Ale on nitro, it was fantastic. I also made this caramel cream ale and served it on nitro. Also fantastic!

empire brewing serves all their beers on nitro...but then again i never was a big fan of them...

Imperial stout on nitro is great. I've also wanted to try weizenbock on nitro.

Aside from the usual, you can on a rare occasion find Flying Dog Double Dog (big hoppy American strong ale) on nitro. It's the best way to enjoy that beer, imo.

so can you just go with an all nitro system. I drink stouts, porters, smoked ambers and honey wheat. I have had most of them on nitro in Seattle at one time just didn't know how a home system would be. Is there any difference in how you have to treat the beer. Does it take longer to be able to serve?

You can, but then all you have is nitro (and beer gas & stout faucets are both more expensive than CO2 and regular taps). I have 3 perlicks already, and this will add 1 nitro. I can't see myself always wanting to drink nitro beers, but I love having the option.

By 'longer to serve' do you mean to pour? If so, then yes, but unless you're a bar, people should be able to wait another minute.

I'm going to try my Abita Turbodog on nitro to see how it is. I think it will be tasty.

Getting out of the stout family, I've had several IPAs on nitro, all of which I liked, but style that really stood out as a great choice for the mouthfeel of a nitro beer was an India Brown. Can't remember who made it, but man was it good!

i've had a mojo from the boulder brewing company on nitro... it made the flavor profile of an IPA i love, completetly different. and i loved every sip of it!

+1!!! Never expected to see an IPA on Nitro but it is pretty awesome. My wife doesn't like IPAs and she loved it. It still tastes like an IPA, just indescribably different.

Latest posts

Back