So many beers, so few tickets... How to decide? VT brewers fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
My oh my.
I have 10 tasting tickets and all of these beers to try...

http://www.vermontbrewers.com/pdf/festivalguide07.pdf

Obviously I will pass any I have had already which will be most of the VT/NH brews, but that does not limit it too much.

I will definately try DFH to see what the hype is about, as I can never bring myself to spend $12 for a 6-pack!

Any other must tries anyone can suggest? I know that is a loaded question as everyones taste in beers vary. I prefer UK style ales, some belgian styles, malty and also enjoy really flavorful hoppy beers but not the silly "extreme" 3000 IBU type :cross:

Any tips on making the most of a beer festival? This is my first.

I say skip the local big name stuff like MH, Orlio (Organic MH), VT Pub (unless they have something obscure), Long trail, Otter Creek, and Harpoon (except the 100 barrel series stuff), etc.... and go for the stuff with limited access (on tap) DFH. Tuckermans, Brooklyn

go for the smaller Vermont breweries like the Norwich Inn (Great beer) and the Alchemist (heard the make exceptional beers), as well as American Flatbread (also heard great stuff about their beer).

Most of all have fun.

If you like UK-style ales (and haven't had it before) give the Brooklyn East India IPA a shot. UK hops, more malty than most american craft-brewed IPAs. One of my favorites.

You know, according to that PDF, additional tasting tickets are 2 for $1. Since the admission is $25, it makes sense to at least spend $5 more and double the number of tasting tickets you get, if not more.

evandude said:
You know, according to that PDF, additional tasting tickets are 2 for $1. Since the admission is $25, it makes sense to at least spend $5 more and double the number of tasting tickets you get, if not more.

AHA!
Yeah I read that thoroughly didn't I! :eek:

Thanks for pointing that out, I figured that you could buy more, I just did not see it.

Yes, I am skipping anything I can get locally or have had before. A bunch of the brewpubs like alchemist and burlington flatbread I have been meaning to check out. They are not too far from me (1-1.5 hours), but it never seems to be an opportunity to stop at them...

Yeah the Brooklyn IPA caught my eye. I can get there lager up here but not that.

Thanks folks.

So how was the brewfest? I was going to go, but I went to the Simpsons premiere instead... Let's get a report!

BTW, the movie was excellent!!

I've been doing this long enough that it can be a challenge to find 10 beers at a fest that I haven't tried. I manage to use all the tickets anyway ... and more.

Hippie said:
So how was the brewfest? I was going to go, but I went to the Simpsons premiere instead... Let's get a report!

BTW, the movie was excellent!!

Okay, will post a report in a new thread later. It was fun... Got 20 tickets instead...

Did not realize just how twisty and turny, and up and down route 2 can be... :cross:

oh, how embarrasing. :eek:

Back