Spreading the word?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of something this weekend....EVERYONE who tries my meade ends up making their own!

My brew group met at my house and now they all make meade, hell Jezter posts here more than anywhere else, my roommate decided she liked it so much, she bought 4 fermenters to make more!

This came up, since this weekend, she had some freinds in town, and they drank some meade.... now the guy is emailing me asking me questions about making his own!

:)

Maybe I should add meade proselytizer to my sig :)

I think it's a matter of mead's popularity (or lack thereof) in the market - many people don't get to try mead. That and sort of a stigma of a "ren faire" drink might not help it's perception among serious wine drinkers.

But, once you're exposed to it, it's a great drink. I think it's just a matter of exposure. I told my dad I'm making mead and he started talking about trying to make some of his own too!!

As long as you don't take any money. That would make you a proselyitute.

Be certain to tell people how long it takes for mead to age. Most people will probably drop out.

Back