What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now back to a nice chocolate stout

image-1547870195.jpg

Had a couple Brooklyn Chocolate Stouts (2011) and now sipping on a 8 month old Apfelwein. Wish I would have waited this long for the entire batch!

Well last night I packed up a bunch of these fine beers to send to KeyWestBrewing then i decided to drink the leftovers... I didn't get rid of all of them so tonight i'm working on more a New Belgium Trippel at the moment and I must say it's a fine brew and i should be comfortably numb real soon :)

2012-12-28_22-03-09_683.jpg

2012-12-30_19-01-18_687.jpg

LoloMT7 said:
Well last night I packed up a bunch of these fine beers to send to KeyWestBrewing then i decided to drink the leftovers... I didn't get rid of all of them so tonight i'm working on more a New Belgium Trippel at the moment and I must say it's a fine brew and i should be comfortably numb real soon :)

I'm glad to see your enjoying them as much as I will!!!

I'm drinking a 2009 Bordeaux at the moment but yesterday I cracked open the first bottle of my latest creation.

Icebreaker Imperial Stout, it's a bit lighter than I was hoping for but it has a good balance of malty sweetness and hops. At 12% ABV it packs a punch and it doesn't freeze while sitting on the ice when I'm ice fishing.

LoloMT7 said:

I had that little sumpin a few days ago, not bad.

Well, another day gone and I'm another year older. I'm too young to feel as old as I do. Oh well. I'm currently enjoying this.

image-655142109.jpg

Man, glad I didn't have high hopes and build this beer up in my mind for the past few years.(read previous sentence with sarcasm)
Way too sweet and thick. Extremely low carbonation. Tastes more like a sweet wine than beer. Slight oxidation, not much. Over all not impressed.

WesleyS said:
Well, another day gone and I'm another year older. I'm too young to feel as old as I do..

C'mon man, 50 is the new 30.

I'm treating myself somewhat better with this Fantôme Saison. The best Saison I've ever had by tenfold.

image-4185113893.jpg

So far, thanks to Nordeast, I have had 2 Bells two Hearted. Such a great beer. Wish I had it out here. It's the wife and I 4th anniversary of being together tomorrow and we are celebrating tonight. So, we have popped a bottle of Mumm Brut and enjoying a fire. She even cooked dinner!!! What a treat hahaha

Well, another day gone and I'm another year older. I'm too young to feel as old as I do.

Happy B-day man!! :mug:

Had a few rum and cokes while playing Fact or Crap with the family and now having my apple cider whilst watching Finding Bigfoot.

Did they find him?

So far, thanks to Nordeast, I have had 2 Bells two Hearted. Such a great beer. Wish I had it out here. It's the wife and I 4th anniversary of being together tomorrow and we are celebrating tonight. So, we have popped a bottle of Mumm Brut and enjoying a fire. She even cooked dinner!!! What a treat hahaha

Perfect reason to drink some good brews.

HPIM1727.jpg

Almost got the Centennial IPA, but decided for this instead. :mug:

WesleyS said:
image-1480357817.jpg

Man, glad I didn't have high hopes and build this beer up in my mind for the past few years.(read previous sentence with sarcasm)
Way too sweet and thick. Extremely low carbonation. Tastes more like a sweet wine than beer. Slight oxidation, not much. Over all not impressed.

First off, yes, I'm quoting myself.
Secondly, I have found my first dumper in quite a while. This beer is so cloyingly sweet I just can't stand it anymore.

Secondly, I have found my first dumper in quite a while. This beer is so cloyingly sweet I just can't stand it anymore.

I felt the exact same way about that beer. I don't remember if I dumped it or manned up and chugged it, but either way it was not an enjoyable experience.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Happy B-day man!! :mug:

Thanks.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Did they find him?

I love how ridiculous those shows are. All the "evidence" they find of Bigfoot being around where they are.
No offense to anyone who actually believes in all that stuff. Well, maybe some. :)

nukebrewer said:
I felt the exact same way about that beer. I don't remember if I dumped it or manned up and chugged it, but either way it was not an enjoyable experience.

I tried chugging it, but couldn't go through with it. I might could drink this whole thing if I had quite a few beers before it and wouldn't know the difference.

WesleyS said:

Is that whipped cream vodka I see in the back. I t makes me wanna Rowlf just looking at it.

Lushife said:
Is that whipped cream vodka I see in the back. I t makes me wanna Rowlf just looking at it.

Hey don't knock it. A couple shots of that in a frozen mug with orange juice and some carbonated water to top it up. Tastes great!

Nordeast, I still can't thank you enough for sending this out. This is number 2 of 4 and absolutely rocks!!! Cheers!!

bless the champagne. Why drink that when I have this!!

Anytime man!! Abrasive's really awesome this year!

They never find him. An episode that was on a few hours ago had a pretty realistic looking picture taken by a trail cam, but I haven't seen $hit to make me think this show is worth producing, but apparently people eat this stuff up like every other reality show.

Yeah, they never will, especially not on a television show. I'm open minded to most things, even to the possibility of yet to be discovered large animals. They find them in the oceans and jungles all the time. A large, bipedal primate living in the PacNW, without ever leaving any sign aside from questionable tracks and grainy images... I'm yet to be convinced.

Back